Chapter 29: Too Good At Goodbyes

Too Good at Goodbyes ~ Sam Smith

••••••

Tasha laid down on the uncomfortable floor as she tried to ignore the impending heartbreak that was threatening to tear her in two. Val was flying, and Thor insisted that Tasha needed to rest and gain her strength. He could see the light leave her when she realized that Loki wasn't coming, and he knew if she focussed on it for too long she would break.

The further they flew from Loki, the more Tasha began to relive her long, tragic life with him. All she wanted was for him to love her more than his need to prove himself, but no matter how hard she tried he would always choose his own selfish desires.

That's the one thing about Bucky she loved more than anything; he always chose her. He loved her so much that even though he was terrified he wasn't good enough, he never hurt her or made her feel like less. The relationship between the two was healthy — yes, she had to lie to all her friends but she was finally, truly happy.

Tasha hated herself for a long time when she fell for Bucky. She felt as though she had betrayed Loki, but now knowing he had been alive the whole time she felt no remorse. She wished she could go back to when she thought Loki was dead so she wouldn't feel so miserable.

Was she allowed to be in love with them both? She supposed it didn't matter now that Loki was... gone. Her thoughts then shifted to Bucky. Was he awake yet? Had they cured what Hydra had done to him? All these questions seemed to confuse her heart only more as she thought of the endless possibilities ahead of her that could very well never happen depending on the outcome of the battle with Hela.

The sorrow Tasha felt missing both Bucky and Loki made her think of Frigga, or as Tasha knew her, mother. Tasha made it a point to rarely think of her mother, knowing full well that was a loss she could not begin to comprehend or mourn. She not only lost her mother, but also her best friend. Frigga was there when Tasha needed her, always and forever. She hated knowing that if somehow a miracle came about and she ended up with a happy ending, her mother would not see it. She was gone for far too long. Losing Odin on top of this? It felt like her entire being was constantly drowning in her sorrows.

A/N: Okay so I need all of you who like this story and want me to continue it to comment any and all ideas you have! Can be anything related, like Tasha x Loki, Tasha x Bucky, Tasha x avengers, all that jazz. I need your help to write this story :)