Chapter Six: Tie Me Down

Song: Tie Me Down ~ Gryffin feat. Elley Duhè

•••

Tasha hummed as she washed her hair in the small shower the apartment had to offer. Loki and her had been stuck in the apartment for nearly a week as her wounds continued to heal, but both were confused as she had never taken so long to heal before. Usually her own magic would sustain her, but it seemed it did no help at all.

"Tasha? Where are you?" Loki's voice called for her from the other room, making her sigh.

"Just give me a sec!"

Tasha wrapped a towel around her body as she stepped out into the bedroom and then into the dining room where Loki was standing with a few bags next to him. His eyes traced her poorly covered figure, a glint in his eyes she hadn't seen in a very long time.

"Quit staring, creep." Tasha glared as she grabbed the bags of clothes, taking them to the bedroom. She sighed when she felt his presence close behind her.

"You look ravishing." His cold breath hit her neck as he brushed her hair off her shoulder.

"Very flattering, but we have better things to do." Tasha replied, moving away so she could turn her back entirely to him as she tossed the towel to the side, pulling on her beautiful dress.  Loki's eyes traced her bare figure, keeping the image in his mind as he leaned against the doorway.

"I don't believe there is anything better than seeing your bare body, darling."

Tasha simply rolled her eyes. "Can you tie up my dress?"

Loki chuckled, taking no time at all to grab onto the strings of the back of her dress. Before he tied it, he decided to tease her, instead letting his cold fingers graze against her bare back. Tasha let out a shaky breath, her body stiffening slightly as he began to tie the dress, allowing his hand afterwards to trace down the curve of her back, resting just above where her body craved him to caress her. "I cannot tell which I prefer; you in this marvellous dress, or you completely bare." His voice was soft and seductive, but Tasha quickly pulled away from him.

"You can flirt all you want. It'll take a lot more than a few erotic words for me to even think of getting into bed with you, let alone accepting your apologies."

"But there is a chance?" Loki sounded surprised, making Tasha turn to look at him. The smirk had left his face, instead being replaced by a wishful smile. Rather than reply, she simply let her eyes meet his for a moment before she left the apartment with Loki trailing behind.

•••

Getting high up on the chain of command in this city was strange. Loki insisted they would only be able to return home if they got in the good graces of the Grandmaster. Upon meeting him, Tasha found him to be charming and flirtatious, and the look on Loki's face was priceless. Tasha tried to not look surprised when he grabbed her tightly by the waist, pulling Tasha against his side.

"How long have you two been together?" The Grandmaster asked as he took a sip of wine.

"Oh, we've been together a very long time." Loki answered, his hand resting on the crook of her back, his fingers digging in.

"When I first saw you two I assumed you would have had to have been betrothed but no, this is true love. That's wonderful."

Tasha let out a scoff but before she could open her mouth and retort Loki pressed one of his fingers hard against Tasha's waist, urging her to play along.

"Yes, we've known each other since childhood." Tasha replied slowly, trying to hide her distinct rage she had for the man holding her.

"Childhood sweethearts. How touching."

Tasha remained silent for the remainder of the evening, rage boiling in her veins with every touch Loki graced her with. She hated herself even more because she craved it. She craved him. She didn't want to but feeling him so close — simply seeing him made her knees weak.

I can't feel this way.

I can't love him.

I can't love someone who fakes their death but supposedly love you.

That's not love.

Even as all those thoughts ran through her head, all she could focus on was Loki's soft whispers in her ear as they stood in a crowd of people. She felt her heart break as she thought of how happy she should've been that he was alive — but she also should've killed him for what he did.

It was like her entire being was split in half, and those halves were fighting each other. She was so happy he was alive, but as soon as she let herself be happy for even a single moment she would realize he caused her so much pain, and the pain turns to rage.

When Loki closed the door behind him as they got to their apartment, he was taken aback by the angry look on Tasha's face. "What did I do now?"

"What the hell was that back there?! I'm not a fucking toy, Loki, and I'm sure as hell not your wife. You lost that privilege a long time ago."

"Oh, my apologies. What would you rather I called you?" Loki quipped back. "My universe. My lover. My partner. My soulmate—"

"You don't own me!" Tasha yelled, glaring at him. "I'm not just a toy of yours you can use anymore. You're a fucking piece of work. You know that?" She scoffed, tears in her eyes as the pain waged a war in her chest. "You can't waltz back into my life acting like you didn't break my heart! I've given you so many second chances, Loki—"

Loki's eyes softened as he saw the hurt expression on Tasha's face. "Tasha, I—"

Tasha took a few steps back when Loki grabbed for her arms. "Don't." She quickly turned away from him as the tears fell, slamming the bathroom door behind her as she sank to the floor, sobbing hard. She wanted the pain to end. She just wanted to forget all of it.

But she couldn't.

Fuck it.

•••

Loki followed to the door but hesitated to open it. He wanted to give her her space, but before he could make a decision the door was thrown open. Tasha pushed Loki onto the bed before kissing him harshly, her teeth clashing with his. Loki let out a content noise, gripping her waist as she straddled him. Oh, how he missed this. But it felt wrong. He knew Tasha was upset and if he went with this he would be using her and he could never do that.

"Tasha." Loki gently grabbed onto her face, pulling her away from him.

"Why do you always have to break my heart?" Tasha asked sadly. "Things could have been so different." She stood from his lap, but gestured for him to follow her into bed.

Loki hesitated as Tasha set her dress aside before stepping over to him, moving her fingers along his clothed chest. He let out a sharp breath as she began to pull on it, slowly taking it off him and setting it with her dress. She smiled slightly to herself as she looked at his chest, the pale skin rippling under her soft touch.

Loki continued to gaze at her, completely entranced by her actions. He almost let out a whine when Tasha removed her hands from his chest, making her giggle. She shook her head before getting into bed, motioning for Loki to lay with her. With their bodies so close, he wasn't sure how he was going to resist her. He laid down close, allowing her to rest her head on his chest.

"I'm sorry." Loki apologized for the thousandth time as he caressed her waist.

Tasha was silent for a few moments as she closed her eyes.

"If only that were enough."

•••
A/N: Please please comment ideas for future chapters :D can be for flashbacks as well so it can be during any of the Thor movies Avengers , etcccc! Can also be ideas for future movies —- basically any and all ideas are lovely :D