"Happy birthday, my beautiful wife." He says, giving me a one eyed smile while his hand cups my cheek. So those are gifts? He really didn't have to but I appreciate it so much. I can't believe he cares about my birthday. Only two people have before: my mom and Stella. So this is all very new territory for me.

"Thank you." I say, trying to look down but he tugs my jaw upwards.

"You're welcome, love. You can open them if you'd like." He suggests, looking straight into my eyes. He grips onto my hand and walks me over to the canape where he sits me down as I pick up one of the large boxes that are sitting next to me.

I unwrap the paper then open the box to see the most beautiful dress. It's one of the dresses I saw yesterday and liked. And he got it for me, how is that possible?

"It's so beautiful. Thank you." I smile at him and he reciprocates it, motioning me to come over. I place the box aside and walk over to him. I willingly place a kiss on his cheek, to show my appreciation. Just one of these gifts cost as much as my old paycheck. And there must be at least 30 boxes in here, from small to large.

So this is why Stella wanted me to go shopping with her. So she can see what I like and Tristan can go buy everything for me?

"T-This is too much, I'm sorry if it bothered you." I tell him, playing with his tie as he stares down at me. Sometimes, I feel like I'm a burden on him. But then again, he's the one who wants me to stay here. If he ever wants me to go, I'll go. I also feel like he wants me to love him by buying me expensive things. But all I want is respect and affection.

"Don't say that. It's a pleasure as long as you like it." He declares in his deep, husky voice as I lightly smile. "Now, you can go get ready, I'm taking you somewhere. Wear something warm." He tells me, giving my parted lips a kiss. "I'll wait for you downstairs." He says, giving my waist a squeeze then walking out of the room.

I go over and open up a few boxes. It's everything I liked at that store yesterday from shoes, to jewelry, to dresses... Tristan really goes out of his way but I'm extremely grateful. I can't thank him enough.

I still can't think of a reason why he would want me. I mean there's no doubt that he's a great looking man. But why me in particular? I'm so basic and there's nothing interesting about me.

Sighing, I stand and start getting ready. It's pretty windy today and it might even rain so I better be prepared.

I go to the bathroom and wash my face then brush through my hair. After picking an outfit, I dress and fling my coat over my clothes. I go through Tristan's clothes and pick out a black coat for him. I doubt he'll need it but it's getting cold. Plus, I don't know where we're going so I better be prepared.

Pacing downstairs, I say goodbye to Claire and exit, closing the door behind me. I see Tristan waiting by one of his various cars.

He sees me and holds the door open for me, grabbing my hand and helping me slide in. He closes the door and goes to the other side.

"Can I know where we're going?" I ask, curious to where we might be heading. I hope it's not somewhere expensive.

"To our private jet, it'll make the trip shorter." He replies in a neutral tone. All these months living with him, I had learned to read and analyse him. I can guess he's a bit nervous? Or maybe hesitant to go wherever we're going.

"Oh, okay."

~~~~~~~~~~

When we landed, I wasn't allowed to see where we were. Tristan told me to just trust him and I did. So now, as he drives me to I don't know where, I keep my attention on a book I'm reading and avoid looking out the window.