Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Wedding Bells."

Start from the beginning

He was acting kind weird. He would give vague answers and always change the subject whenever I was talking to him. If it was anybody else, they'd talk for hours.

Over the last couple of days, we all went to a indoor trampoline thing. Of course I didn't jump and Charles was too scared to jump so instead him and I went to the arcade. We played every game, twice. He ended up with thirty five thousand tickets, which he traded in for two jumbo teddy bears and a shit ton of candy.

We also went to the beach, now with that, Maya absolutely flipped. She hated the water and the sand. She claimed she didn't like the way the sand felt. Of course, she's from New York. You don't really go to the beach there because they aren't particularly clean (as much as a beach can get) and very often, they are filled to the brim. So the second she touched the sand, she was going straight for Alexander's legs, screaming bloody murder. Alexander threw her over his shoulder and went straight into the water with her but the second she hit the water, she cried. She begged for him to get out, so he did. He didn't want to get in the water either, just for Maya to get over her newly found fear of the beach. So we sat under the cabana on the floor that came with it and watched everybody play and splash in the water while Maya watched Max and Ruby on her iPad.

Now, we are all piling into cars. The wedding was tomorrow, Quincy's bachelor and Sabrina's bachelorette party is tonight. Alex was going to Quincy's, which Quincy promised was going to be filled with wholesome brotherly bonding (which I'm not sure how they need anymore of that when they've spent four hours a day cooped up in the theater room).

I have no idea what was going on with Sabrina bachelorette party since I heard no word of it.

Did I care though? Not really.

"Can I ride with Sophia and Alex?" Chris's deep voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I glance up, seeing him talking with my mom and Alex. Alex nods and my mom shrugs while Maya tugs my hand towards the car. She had her suitcase in the other hand while she was holding mine. "Mamas, come on." She drags, outing. I start moving for the car again while she follows. Chris and Alex make their way to the car just as Maya and I reach it. Alex unlocks the car and Maya slides in, buckling her seatbelts. Chris slides in next to her while I get in the passenger seat and Alex in the drivers seat.

"Is anybody else riding with us?" I question, looking at Alex. His hair was wild, like he - like I - had been running hands through it. He blinked at me before shrugging, looking back. "Do you have your iPad?"

"Do you have my new phone?" Maya bites at Alex. He rolls his eyes. This had been an ongoing thing. Alex had Maya's phone in his pocket when they went to get inside the pool and completely forgot until Maya asked him for it.

"Chris, can you go and see if anybody else is riding with us, please?"

"Can you grab me orange chips, please!" Maya day as Chris exits the car. He nods curtly before shutting the door and leaving us in a car full of silence.

Chris returns two minutes later with two containers of cheddar Pringle's and Kyle. Kyle throws his bag into the trunk before the two teenagers slip into the car. "Uncle Quincy said everybody is already in their designated cars so we can just leave now."

The drive was only an hour and a half long, we got there by 4 o'clock and were getting settled into rooms by 4:30. Alex, Maya, and I in one room. Noah, Fernando, Jesse were in a room, Emma, Olivia, Selene, Chloe were in a room, Charles, Kyle, Chris were in a room. My parents had their own room, My aunts and uncles took up two rooms, two people in each, Sabrina family took up too, Sabrina and Quincy have a room. Quincy and Sabrina had the biggest room, pretty spacious and was more like a mini apartment than a room. Everybody on this floor was either apart our of family or Sabrina family.