Chapter 30

A/N:
What did I do before I started writing Toruka fan fiction? I don't remember. Also I realised I should have just written the wedding. Get a satisfying conclusion re: Taka's dad. So. I don't know how many more chapters I'm breaking this into, but my google doc is 43,000 words.

“Cheers!” The four men yelled as they clinked champagne glasses.
They had just arrived at Toru and Taka's house after work to celebrate their engagement. Taka put on his ring again after he downed the bubbly drink. He stared at it, smiling. He wished he could wear it all time, however, he knew he couldn't wear it in public.
“So when do I get my ring?” Toru laughed as he looked at Taka staring at his own ring.
“When these two idiots leave us alone, and we can properly celebrate” Taka winked as Ryota and Tomoya laughed at him.
“You haven't even given us a house tour and you're already kicking me out?” Ryota sighed, “I heard I have a room here and you haven't even shown me”
“Didn't you get a house tour yesterday?” Tomoya laughed, knowing he didn't. “I saw my room. Maybe you just aren't as well liked by Toru and Taka as me?”
Taka just shoved Tomoya as Toru and Ryota laughed.
“I thought we were over this! You hadn't bullied me all day today! You brought me to your weird forest area” Tomoya groaned as he fell to the floor.
Taka offered him a hand up, Tomoya glanced nervously and decided it was a trap. “I thought we were close Tomo? Weren't you going to be my best man? You don't even trust me enough to accept my help up?”
“Tomo's going to be your best man?” Toru asked in shock. He had been planning on Ryota being his, but he assumed Taka would ask Hiro.
“Why do you say it like that? Taka and I are close. I'm the one who put ideas of proposing into his head, and he ordered rings to my house. You should really know who your fiancé's best friends are” Tomoya sighed as he patted Toru's head.
Toru sighed as he pushed Tomo to the ground with a laugh.
“Ah, jealous of how close Taka and I are? You don't know where his special forest is, do you?” Tomoya laughed as he sat on the couch they had all been standing in front of.
“Pffft, I don't think this forest exists. Taka hates nature, there's no way he has a… special forest you called it? He doesn't even know what roots are” Toru laughed as he poured more champagne for everyone and sat beside Tomoya.
“I wouldn't call it a special forest. But, I suppose it's a forest I used to go to often” Taka shrugged as he sat next to Toru and continued drinking. He rested his head on Toru's shoulder and felt himself drifting to sleep.
“Maybe we should head out” Ryota noted as he yawned. Tomoya nodded and they left the house without getting their tour.
They walked Ryota and Tomoya to the door and watched them leave. Toru closed the door and turned to Taka. It was the first time they were alone since their conversation in the studio earlier today. Toru wrapped Taka in a warm hug as Taka rested his head against Toru's chest.
“I'm sorry for running away last night” Taka admitted as he looked up at Toru.
“I was so worried about you, don't run away without explanation ever again” Toru responded.
Taka smiled as he wiped tears away from Toru's eyes.
“When do I get to see the rings?” Toru asked as he continued hugging Taka.
“Follow me” Taka pulled away and grabbed Toru's hand to take him to the bedroom.
Toru watched as Taka methodically removed random objects from the nightstand, mostly lube and erotic magazines before reaching the bottom. “Ah, here we go”
Taka handed the box to Toru. Immediately after handing it to him he realised he should have gotten on one knee, but he figured it didn't really matter. He just put all his crap from the drawer back into the nightstand and looked up at Toru.
Toru opened the box carefully and saw two plain gold rings in it. He first picked up the smaller one and looked at it in the light. The inside had “Toru Yamashita” written in it. Toru grabbed Taka's hand and placed it on his left ring finger. He admired it for a few seconds before taking it off.
Taka looked up at Toru, confused as he was removing both rings. Toru put them both back on in the opposite order, then stared at them some more.
“What are you doing?” Taka laughed as Toru was staring at his ring finger.
“I think it looks better that way. But I'm not sure. Yours is thinner and has no diamonds on it. It looked weird before. I don't know” Toru tapped his chin, debating if the order should be switched again.
“You're not even going to look at your own ring?” Taka laughed as he took the box back.
“Oh right. I was distracted by your pretty fingers” Toru laughed as he held his own hand out for Taka. Taka slid the ring onto Toru's finger before pushing him back on the bed and kissing him.

“I wish I could wear my rings all the time” Taka sighed as him and Toru were just about to leave for the day. Toru smiled at Taka as they waited for the cab to take them to the studio. Most people were irritated when Taka would whine and pout, but Toru found it kind of cute. Especially when he was whining about wanting to tell everyone about them.
“You could get away with wearing them on a different finger” Toru responded as he looked over to his fiancé taking the rings out of his pocket and placing them on his right hand. Toru looked down at his own hand and moved his ring from his left middle finger to his right ring finger.
“Why can't we wear them to work though?” Taka asked with a pout as Toru sighed.
“Because we're not gonna tell management. At least not until after the marriage certificates are signed” Toru laughed before heading to the taxi with Taka.

Toru and Taka went straight home from the studio that night. They had planned on thinking about planning a wedding, but somehow Taka ended up being handcuffed, naked to the bed frame. Taka was still sweaty from the kinky sex, and tried begging Toru to release him. Except Toru realised he had no key for the handcuffs and was now following a video about how to pick locks.
Toru laughed the entire time at Taka pouting and threatening to murder him, when finally he managed to free his financé who was now out with a vengeance.
“Ok, wanna start to look at wedding plans?” Toru chuckled before Taka began hitting Toru with a spare pillow.
“No!” Taka yelled as he continued to pummel Toru with the pillow. Toru tried to grab another pillow to fight back, however Taka kept stealing them from him and throwing them on the ground. Toru managed to get Taka's weapon of choice and decided to start pummeling him with the fluffy pillow.
“Fine, time to start planning” Taka laughed as he got off the bed and went to put some clothes on.

“This is boring…” Toru remarked as Taka was making a list of things go be done. “when do we get to plan the bachelor's party?”
Taka laughed at Toru, “you don't plan your own bachelors party. Your best man plans that for you. You can do a guest list though”
Toru opened his phone to begin working on a guest list. As he went through his contacts, he realised he hadn't actually told any of these people about his relationship. He started a google doc and began listing the names of people he wanted to be there, then figured he'd deal with the “I'm marrying a man” part later.
“How many people have you told about us?” Toru asked as he made a list.
“Outside of family and band members, only Rola and Tyler” Taka replied after thinking for a few minutes.
“Is there anyone else you want to invite but just haven't told?” Toru asked as he realised he got to the end of the contact list and had only added a few people. Toru had lots of friends, he just wasn't particularly close to many of them. Only a few were really people who had to go. Toru was distracted by his thoughts when he heard Taka listing what felt like 20 names.
“Ok, why don't you do the guest list and I'll do the food?” Toru laughed as he looked at Taka's to do list.
“Yea, just, make sure they have vegetarian options. Actually I know a restaurant in LA that might be able to do it, I'll call them when it's business hours in California…” Taka wrote down the restaurant, then went back to editing his guest list.
Toru looked at the next item on the list, cake. He began googling cake places in LA before Taka began talking again. “There's a bakery with really good strawberry cakes down the road from my house, we should call them”
Toru laughed as he went to the next item on the list, flowers. “Do we really need flowers? Isn't that kind of more for the bride?”
Taka sighed as he looked at Toru, “is that why you never buy me flowers?”
“I apologise, I didn't know you liked flowers so much” Toru laughed as he kissed Taka. “How's your guest list coming along?”
Taka groaned as he looked at his laptop screen. It was at least 100 people long, Toru began looking over it. He had heard of most these people but wasn't sure how close Taka actually was with them. He got to the bottom of the list, when he saw a name he wasn't sure whether or not he should bring up.
“You're gonna invite your dad?”
Taka sighed as he looked over at Toru. “I don't know. I may as well invite him, right? Then he can decide whether or not he wants to go to his son's wedding”
“Is that a good idea, though? What if he shows up just to ruin it?” Toru asked. Taka gave him a death glare, and Toru regretted putting that thought in his head.
“Can we just go to bed? I'm tired” Taka yawned as Toru picked him up bridal style and carried him to their bedroom.