Chapter 12

The band arrived in Toronto a few days later, where it was cold as balls. Taka and Toru hadn't talked since that morning outside of professional duties.

Taka got settled down in his room and watched the snow fall outside. He turned on the tv but it was covered with some political scandal that he didn't understand.
He heard a knock at the door and saw Toru at the other side, alone. He smiled, thinking it had been so long since Toru last made a visit to his room.
“Tomo's inviting us for lunch” Toru said, then he saw Taka's expression change. “Stop sulking, they'll want to know why you're in such an awful mood”
Taka just glared at Toru, “I thought we were telling them in Toronto, anyway”
“Why would we tell them when we're in a fight?” Toru huffed back.
Taka looked up at his boyfriend, worried this was going to be their downfall. If they were fighting over telling them, telling them would surely fix the fight. Perhaps Toru thought he was being too needy and didn't want to tell them just to have announce a breakup?
“Ryota said it's too cold to go outside, so it's us three plus the crew” Tomo announced as he walked towards Taka's room.
Taka sighed as he grabbed his phone and giant yellow coat before heading out into the snowstorm.

The three men went to Ryota's room after the meal.
Tomo suggested they stay in and watch a movie together. Taka wanted to ask Toru if they could talk things through, but Toru said he was going to out to drink with the opening act and left.
Taka laid down on Ryota's bed and watched as his boyfriend left. Taka wasn't even entirely sure if Toru was his boyfriend anymore. They barely talked since their fight in Minnesota. Taka tried counting the days mentally since the fight, but truthfully wasn't even sure whether or not the fight happened in Minnesota. He couldn't even remember which state he was currently in.
“Everything ok Mori-chan?” Ryota asked as Taka realised he had completely zoned out.
“What state are we in?” Taka asked, hoping Ryota and Tomoya weren't about to question him.
Except Ryota and Tomoya just laughed at him.
“What's so funny…?” Taka asked, unsure of why they were laughing.
“We're in Canada” Ryota said between laughter.
“Oh. Right” Taka said as he remembered they weren't even in the states.
“Ok Mori-chan, what's bothering you?” Tomoya said as he sat on the bed.
“Nothing. I just miss Japan. Being in the same bed for more than one night. Being able to fully comprehend the language” Taka responded. Truthfully, he missed Japan. But not so much the things he mentioned, he missed cozy nights in his apartment with Toru. Going to bed together. Not sneaking around, going back and forth between their respective hotel rooms, unsure if he should go see Toru or if Toru was on his way to him. Although that wasn't even happening. The first night he wondered if he should go see Toru, but thought maybe Toru would visit him. Except Toru never did. He debated seeing him the next night, but the same happened. Taka couldn't even remember the last time he went to sleep without wondering if Toru would knock on his door in just a few minutes.
“If you think this is bad, just wait until we get to Montreal in a couple of days” Ryota said, earning a confused look from Tomoya and Taka.
“We can mostly understand English, they speak French in Montreal.” Ryota informed them.
“I thought Montreal was Canada?” Tomoya asked, confused.
“Yea, but they speak French. Michelle speaks it, but it's weird” Ryota told them.
Taka just looked between them. He debated joining the conversation, but didn't want to bring attention to himself. They seemed happy enough to be discussing their kids, wives, and Canadian language habits.

After Toronto, they got on the bus to go to Montreal. The other members were all in the front while Taka and Toru were sitting around the sleeping area.
“I don't wanna fight with you anymore Taka” Toru said as he looked over at Taka who was browsing instagram and now trying not to cry.
“We need to talk, Taka” Toru said as he saw Taka look up at him.
“Are you breaking up with me?” Taka asked as he put down his phone and felt himself start to cry.
“what? No. We just need to talk. You're letting our fight get in the way of your performance” Toru replied.
“You're the one who backed up into me” Taka responded. “do you really want to stop fighting with me, or do you just want to pretend to get along during performances?”
“We're not pretending to get along, Taka” Toru responded as he went to put his arm around Taka.
“Get off me. Someone could see us” Taka said as he got up to go to the main area of the bus.

Taka was browsing his phone, trying to decide what him and Toru were going to do about their anniversary in a few days. Taka had it in his head that they would have a day off, but had just realised they wouldn't. They were still on the bus on the way to Montreal, everyone was sleeping but Taka decided to just send a Line message to Toru and ask.
“What are we doing for our anniversary Sunday?” Taka typed and then pressed send.
And as soon as Taka hit send, he heard everyone's phones going off. He looked down at his phone and realised it had sent to the band group chat rather than Toru's chat.
Taka opened his curtain, wondering if he could just delete the message off everyone's phones without waking anyone up, except as soon as he opened it he realised everyone was awake looking at their phones.
“I think you sent that to the wrong chat” Tomoya laughed as he saw Taka's message.
“Is that why you've been so miserable recently? You miss your girlfriend?” Ryota teased Taka.
“No, just shut up. I'm going to sleep” Taka responded as he closed his curtain and turned his phone on silent.
Taka noticed his phone light up and saw it was Toru.
“?” Was all he had typed in their actual chat.
“Fuck i'm sorry” Taka typed in response.
“They're never gonna stop teasing you” Toru responded.
“Sorry” taka typed.
“Why do you keep saying that” toru typed back.
“It was an accident I promise”
“I know. Why do you keep apologising?”
“I didn't want you to think I was trying to tell the rest of the members about us”
“lol, why does that deserve so many apologies though”
“Because we've been fighting for a week about that”
“Oh. Right. I kind of forgot why we were fighting tbh”
Taka looked at his phone he wasn't even sure how to respond to that and decided to go to sleep.

A/N:
I have no idea whether or not Michelle knows French, but she grew up near Ottawa right? That's practically Quebec. Also does anyone even know which language they speak to each other in? Not sure I've ever heard Ryota speak English outside of concert MCs.
Also am I the only one who thinks they probably have a popping band group chat?
Anyway, that's it from me for tonight. Unsure if I'll post tomorrow since I'm busy.