Chapter 20

A/N:
I have worked out the final chapters! This is after a time jump. After they finish the European tour. I don't know what their plans are for after that, but pretend they're recording another album in Japan.

Taka and Toru were laying in the bed of Toru's apartment. They rarely spent time there, but Toru's apartment was much closer to the airport and they were exhausted the flight home.
Taka stared at his boyfriend as he slept, excited they would have a few days off, and be in Japan together for at least a few months.
Taka noticed he was missing an earring and reached out to feel the empty lobe, accidentally waking Toru up in the process.
"Why are you playing with my ear?" Toru asked as he opened his eyes and found Taka on top of him, rubbing his earlobe.
"Where's your earring?" Taka asked as he pulled away his hand.
Toru looked at Taka confused and then put his hands to his ears and discovered there was no earring.
"I don't know..." Toru said as he began searching the bedsheets for it.
"When did you last remember wearing it?" Taka asked as he began to help search.
"I don't know" Toru said as he got out his phone to look at pictures. "Fuck, I wasn't wearing it in Paris"
"We should go to a jewellery store today to buy some. I need a new pair as well, mine are kinda rusty. Oooh we could even get matching pairs" Taka suggested.
"We can't get matching pairs, Taka. Everyone will know we're dating" Toru said as he sat on the bed beside Taka.
"Take your earring out" Taka instructed as he took one of his own out.
"Why?" Toru asked as he pulled it out.
"Give it to me" Taka said as he took it from Toru, cupped them both in his hands and then shook them. "Which is yours?"
Toru looked down at them for a few seconds, not entirely sure which his was. He picked them both up to inspect them both.
"Mine has a loose clasp, it's this one" Toru responded.
"Thank you for proving my point..." Taka laughed as he took out his other earring. "That's my earring. We already have matching earrings"
"Fine, there's a jewellery store near my apartment. We can go later today, just don't wander around it too much" Toru said as he got up to get ready for the day.

Taka and Toru walked to the jewelry store, making sure to keep a good distance between each other. Taka wanted to grab Toru's hand, but knew he couldn't walk around holding his hand.
They got there and Taka was distracted by shiny jewellery as Toru made his way to earrings.
"Would you like to see some of these engagement rings up close?" A man asked behind the counter, as Taka realised he was looking at engagement rings.
"No, he's here to buy earrings" Toru said behind him as he dragged Taka to the earring area and whispered in his ear, "Stop wandering, someone's gonna recognise you looking at engagement rings and sell it to tabloids"
Taka sighed as he went to look at earrings with Toru. They opted for plain gold hoops and went to check out.
"Is there anything else I can help you with? Did you want to look at engagement rings sir?" the man behind the counter asked Taka before they paid.
"No, he doesn't" Toru responded for Taka as he paid for both pairs of earrings.
Taka looked at Toru, and debated looking at them just to spite him, but Toru was already leaving the shop and followed quickly.

They went back to Toru's apartment and Taka began making dinner for them.
"Why isn't this boiling...?" Taka asked as he looked at the water not boiling on the burner.
"You're using the wrong burner, that one is broken" Toru said as he moved the pot to one of the working burners.
"Your oven sucks" Taka remarked as he checked the sheet with vegetables he was baking, discovering half them were overcooked and half them were almost cold.
Toru shrugged, "I've never used it before. I occasionally use the stove, but never used the oven"
"You've been living here more than 10 years, what do you mean you've never used it?" Taka asked.
"There's a wonderful thing called food delivery, you should try it sometime" Toru laughed as he browsed instagram.
"You should just move in to my apartment with my oven. When were you last even here?" Taka asked as he sat down beside Toru.
"The paparazzi knows where we live, Taka. You know we can't move in together" Toru responded as Taka sighed.
"You never come here, I rarely even go to my apartment. We could both sell our apartments and buy a two bedroom house, claiming we never even stay in Japan" Taka responded.
"I want to move in with you, Taka. But how would that even work? If we signed a deed together, it could leak or something" Toru sighed.
"What if neither of us signed the deed, we got someone else to do it for us?" Taka asked, throwing out random ideas.
Toru looked over at Taka, "We can ask the lawyers whether or not that's possible next time we're at Amuse. I'm not promising anything, they probably don't even know property law, but we'll look into it"
Taka kissed Toru before checking on his food and continued cooking.

A few days later, the four of them were doing meetings around Amuse office buildings regarding band things.
They were just about finished when Toru asked John if Toru and Taka could talk to him.
"Is it possible to buy property without anyone knowing we're buying the property?" Toru asked as they sat down.
"Legally speaking, yes" John responded.
"How would we do that?" Toru asked.
"Create an anonymous corporation, have that corporation purchase the property. Although, I do have to warn you, the tabloids are savvy. They'd be able to figure out exactly where the both of you live. If you sold your current apartment it'd raise more red flags" John responded.
"I have a house in California. Can't I sell my Japanese apartment and claim I never use it because I spend my time in California?" Taka asked.
"No, you can't sell your apartment until the rumours die down" John said, looking at Taka.
"Rumours?" Taka asked, unsure what they were.
"There's a rumour you're engaged to Mai Asada" John responded as he heard an email ping and went to look at it. "Speaking of, someone just sent me pictures of you in a jewellery store looking at engagement rings?"
"We bought earrings... there were no rings" Taka responded.
John sighed as he twisted the screen to show Taka.
"I told you to not wander around the store too much" Toru said as he put his head in his hands.
"Yea, but, no one's gonna assume I was buying a ring for you. Are you even in the pictures?" Taka responded, trying to defend himself.
"Did you miss the part 5 seconds ago where people already think you're engaged to Mai?" Toru responded as he looked up at Taka.
"But I'm not engaged to her. I didn't even buy anything. They didn't get a picture of Toru checking out with earrings?" Taka responded as Toru sighed.
"Why would me buying a pair of earrings make for a good tabloid story? The better story is you looking at engagement rings"
"So I'll deny you were buying her a ring and claim you bought earrings?" John asked.
"Yes" Taka responded.
"Will do, just don't do anything dumb in the meantime, ok?" John sighed as he dismissed the two men for the day.

"I told you not to look at engagement rings" Toru said as him and Taka got into the elevator.
"I was just looking at random things, trying to find where earrings were" Taka responded as Toru sighed before getting off the elevator and riding back to Taka's apartment in silence.

"Are you mad at me?" Taka asked as they got into his apartment.
"You're a bit dumb, but no I'm not mad" Toru said as he hugged Taka.

A/N:
Am I foreshadowing something? I don't know. Hmmm.
Also I have no idea whether or not you can buy property anonymously. I know corporations can own property, and those can be anonymous to the public. I think. I know nothing about property law, ok?