Chapter 1

A/N:

I got too sad about the way I ended that other fic and decided to write another one that WILL feature a happy ending. Because there's no real plot and I'm apparently already at 10,000 words in my rough draft, I have no idea when this will end. I haven't decided how explicit this is going to be, sex scenes are kinda repetitive to write. Anyway, I was gonna name this after a OOR song, but, when I was going through my music library I remembered the song Ultraviolet by McFly and decided it worked well also I listened to that song on repeat for an entire week after I got with the guy I based Toru after
Anyway, the timeline is horrible, I changed it about 50 times whilst writing, couldn't keep track of dates, there'll probably be time specific plot holes riddled everywhere. Also the dates around the dating scandals isn't remotely accurate, it was in an original version then I accidentally messed up the timeline and was like fuck it, Toru's dating scandal happened first in this world.

Taka was sat around a lounge in the recording studio. They were recording their 9th album, he was finished for the day and was searching for somewhere to go for dinner.
He was distracted when he received a Line message from a random friend asking what was going on between Toru and Ayaka Hironaka. Taka wasn't sure, he had never heard Toru talk about her, or any girlfriend for that matter. He figured he'd google it to see what the tabloids were saying. There were articles posted a few minutes ago with Toru and Ayaka in steak houses looking cozy. Taka stared at them, feeling uncomfortable. Not just because he was reading the comments section on articles about his friend. Taka always felt something weird about Toru, not like he felt about Tomoya and Ryota. He just never knew how to describe and put it down to Toru being the one to reach out to him. But looking at the pictures of Toru and this woman, Taka suddenly felt undeniably jealous. Not of Toru for going on a date with a cute girl, but of the cute girl going on a date with Toru.
Taka heard the door open, he locked his phone in an instant and shoved it in his pocket when he noticed Toru walking into the room.
"Watching porn at work again?" Toru laughed as he saw how quickly Taka had closed his phone.
"Nope, just looking for somewhere for dinner" Taka responded.
"Ah, really. I was about to go grab dinner..." Toru said as he grabbed the phone from Taka.
"Give it back!" Taka yelled as he tried to wrangle the phone from Toru.
"Why are you even reading comment sections of gossip blogs, you know that's a cesspool of..." Toru trailed off when he realised this was an article about him.
"My friend asked me what was going on with you two, I hadn't heard anything from you so I googled it to see what they were saying" Taka responded.
"Read the headline, the article is trash and the comments are worse" Toru responded as he handed the phone back to Taka.
"So the headline is true?" Taka asked, slightly disappointed.
"I went on a date with her, yea. My friend set us up, I wasn't really feeling it but wasn't sure how to let her down" Toru responded.
"Ahhh, so you're just going to deny it via media statements rather than face to face?" Taka said judgingly.
"Is that better than your style of declining comment and never calling her back?" Toru looked Taka straight in the eye.
"Wanna camp out at my place tonight? Knowing the paparazzi they're probably already at your apartment" Taka asked, attempting to change the subject off his own dating habits.
"Yea, we can get takeout on our way home. And beer" Toru said as him and Taka left the studio.

Taka and Toru got back to Taka's home with a few cases of beer, ramen, and enough junk food to feed a small nation. Toru was finishing his ramen as he went to grab a third beer when he noticed Taka had barely touched his ramen yet was on his 6th beer.
"You shouldn't drink on an empty stomach, y'know..." Toru said as he pointed to Taka's still full ramen.
Taka looked at the bowl, and the empty cans beside him. he knew it was dumb, but he just sighed and continued drinking.
"Why do I feel like I'm holding a pity party for you after a dating scandal and not the other way around?" Toru asked as he looked at the vocalist sitting beside him on the couch.
Taka just looked over at Toru, and finished his beer. He went to open another one when Toru grabbed it from him.
"Pace yourself you idiot, when did you last eat?" Toru asked.
"I've been eating food all day, Tomo kept dragging me to the lunch room for meat. I barely even feel drunk, why are we even drinking beer with such low alcohol content?" Taka asked as he read the label.
"What's wrong Taka?" Toru asked, looking straight at Taka who was trying to avoid eye contact.
"I think I'm gay" Taka blurted out. He wasn't planning on coming out to Toru, but, it kinda just fell out of him.
"You're not gay" Toru responded, stifling a laugh.
"What the hell, this isn't funny. I'm serious" Taka responded as he saw his friend trying not to laugh.
"You can't be gay, Taka. You've slept with probably hundreds of women" Toru replied. He looked at Taka, who looked dead serious. "Sorry, I thought you were joking. What happened?"
"I'm not telling you, not after you just laughed at me like that" Taka said as he got up to go to his room.
Toru was left in the living room, stunned at Taka's sudden outburst. Toru always liked Taka in a more than friendly way. He just never told Taka and tried to bury his feelings deep down. Toru had been struggling for more than 10 years with his sexuality, that when Taka just went and said it, Toru set up some kind of defensive reaction that came out poorly.
Toru got up and knocked on Taka's door. At first Taka ignored it, then he finally opened it. He handed Toru a pile of blankets and told him to just sleep on the couch and leave him alone for the night.
Toru sighed as he tried to talk to Taka, but he just slammed the door in his face.

Toru looked at the time, it was almost midnight. He decided to just set himself up on the couch and try to sleep. Except he couldn't fall asleep, he just stared at the ceiling and debated texting Taka to apologise.
Sometime during the night, he heard Taka get up to get water and pretended to be asleep. He checked his phone when he thought Taka wasn't watching.
"Sorry for waking you.." Toru heard Taka say as he walked back to his room.
"Wait, Taka..." Toru said as Taka was walking back to his room.
"What?" Taka sighed as he turned around to face Toru, still dark.
"Can we talk?" Toru asked
"Fine" Taka responded as he sat on the ground in front of the couch.
Toru was unsure what he actually wanted to talk to Taka about.
"I'm sorry for earlier" Toru stated as he got up to sit beside Taka.
Taka made a grunt of acknowledgement.
"I didn't mean to offend you, I just. You like women so much. I wasn't expecting you to suddenly admit you like guys" Toru responded as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Did something happen between you and a guy?"
"No" Taka responded quickly but honestly.
"You can tell me Taka, I won't judge you I promise" Toru said as he looked over at his friend.
"Nothing happened between me and anyone" Taka responded.
"Do you... want something to happen?" Toru asked, gently trying to broach the subject.
"He likes girls..." Taka responded sadly, pulling his legs to his chest.
"So do you?" Toru responded, looking over at Taka.
"What if he only likes girls though? Or what if I got the courage to tell him, just to find out I'm not really gay. I've never... been with another guy before, maybe I'd hate it" Taka admitted.
"You could try experimenting with another guy before telling the guy in question" Toru responded, still looking at Taka.
"Where would I even find a gay guy in Japan?" Taka asked, thinking of how conservative Japan is.
"Download Grindr or something? I don't know" Toru responded.
"What the hell's Grindr?" Taka asked
"It's like Tinder but for gay guys. I don't really know" Toru responded, not wanting to admit he had looked into it before.
"I don't wanna have sex with some random guy" Taka responded, worried it would leak to the tabloids somehow.
"You could have sex with a guy friend then" Toru responded, looking straight at Taka.
"Oh yea? Which of my guy friends would be remotely willing to help me with this?" Taka responded, also looking right at Toru.
"I'd have sex with you" Toru blurted out.
"Why would you do that?" Taka responded, still looking at Toru.
"To help you out. If you wanted to. If you hate it you can just go back to normal, if you like it then you tell him" Toru responded.
Taka looked at the ground. He knew he would hate himself in the morning, but, he did want Toru. He looked up to Toru, and decided to try kissing him.
Toru put his arm around Taka, kissing him back. Taka straddled Toru on his lap, Taka could feel their erections against each other through clothing. Taka pulled away first, looking at Toru breathlessly. "Wanna go to my room?" He asked as he saw Toru nod.