Chapter 26

The next morning came quick and Taka and Toru went downstairs to get started on breakfast. No one else was downstairs, so they assumed they were the first one's awake.
As Toru poured coffee they heard the front door open.
"Hiro? What are you doing outside?" Taka asked as they walked to the kitchen together.
"I went to talk to dad last night" Hiro admitted.
"Did he say anything?" Taka asked as he grabbed a mug for Hiro.
"Not really. I overheard you guys talking about whether or not he would tell the tabloids in a moment of anger. So I found him to make sure he wouldn't" Hiro responded. "He said he doesn't approve of your relationship, but that he wouldn't go to the tabloids about it"
"Thanks Hiro" Taka said as he hugged his brother tightly.
"Oh yea, apparently my brother and his wife are dropping by today" Toru said as they got coffee. "I don't think they're staying over, at least I hope not. But, yea"
"I have to go grocery shopping then. I don't think we really have enough food for all of us" Taka responded as he got ready to go get groceries.
By the time Taka got back, he saw Toru's brother's car in the driveway.

"Ah, Taka! Long time no see!" He said as he hugged Taka. "You look like you haven't aged in the 5 years since I last saw you in person"
"Thanks? I think?" Taka laughed.
"You guys should come to visit us in Osaka sometime. It's been at least a year since I saw my little brother in law" his wife added as she squeezed Toru's cheeks.
Taka just stared at this interaction. He could have sworn Toru said he saw her a few months ago, but maybe he only saw his brother.

"You had your entire families over and still not your beloved drummer?" Tomo asked as Toru and Taka arrived at the studio.
"Not the beloved bassist either" Ryota shook his head in disbelief.
"You can come by tonight" Toru suggested.
"No, not tonight. We just got rid of our families. Can't we have one night to ourselves?" Taka responded as he rested his head on Toru's shoulder.
"Fine. Tomorrow night you guys can come over" Toru said as he looked down at Taka.
"Can you send me the pictures of the family from last night?" Taka asked as he looked at Toru.
"Uh, yea. My phone is..." Toru said as he looked across the room. "Oh, it's charging beside you"
"Ah, ok. I'll just send them to myself" Taka responded as he grabbed the phone.
"No!" Toru responded forcefully and prevented Taka from opening his phone.
"Sorry. You can do it yourself if there's such good secrets on your phone" Taka responded as Toru sent the pictures.

They four men were playing Mario Kart in the basement.
"No, no!" Ryota shouted as he shoved Toru in hopes of knocking him off the game as well.
Toru laughed as they engaged in a shoving match before he noticed he accidentally knocked over Taka who spilt Tomo's beer all over the both of them.
"Look what you did! This is your fault Taka" Tomo laughed as he tried to clean up the beer.
"No, that's Toru's fault! He shoved me. Now I'm in last place" Taka laughed as Ryota finished first.
"Ryota's fault. And he won off it?" Toru sighed as he came second. 
"Here, you can borrow a shirt from me" Taka laughed as him and Tomo left the room to get new clothes and beers.

"Here are the rings, by the way" Tomo said as he handed a box to Taka.
"Should we open them now?" Taka asked excitedly.
"Yea I wanna see them" Tomo responded.
"Look at them. Engravings and everything" Taka cooed at them.
"When are you gonna do it?" Tomo asked as he admired the rings.
"I'm not entirely sure... I can't decide how I plan on doing it" Taka responded as he played with the rings.
"Do you need my help?" Tomo asked as he looked at the two rings.
"Can you help me think of a good way to do it?" Taka laughed as he handed them to Tomo.
"What happens if you put it in one of his guitars and wait for him to notice?" Tomo laughed.
"He doesn't let me play with his guitars. Ever. There's no way I'd ever get close enough to one of them to do it" Taka laughed as he put the rings away and went downstairs with Tomo.
They grabbed new beers and then went to go to the basement when they heard Ryota and Toru talking. 
"When are you doing it?" Ryota asked.
"I don't know, he's so down with his dad and all. I don't wanna upset him further..."
Taka didn't even want to listen to the end of that sentence before he ran back upstairs and heard Tomo follow him.

A/N:
Hallmark this is my formal request to write for you.