Chapter 27

A/N:
Do forests exist in Tokyo? No idea. Probably somewhere in the outskirts maybe...

"It's way past midnight. Where are we going?" Tomo asked Taka who was driving randomly.
"I don't know..." Taka responded.
"Shouldn't you call Toru? He's probably worried about you" Tomo said as Taka parked the car near a forest.
"He's breaking up with me. You heard their conversation" Taka responded as he got out of the car.
"Where are we?" Tomo asked as he walked beside Taka through a bunch of trees.
"Stop asking so many questions. Almost there, I think" Taka responded as he continued walking through the grass in silence.
Tomo wasn't sure he had ever seen a forest like this in Tokyo. He wasn't even sure whether or not they were actually in Tokyo anymore. He just continued following Taka, hoping Taka knew where he was going.
"We're here" Taka announced proudly.
"Where are we?" Tomo asked as he looked around. It was a large pond surrounded by grass in a circle of trees.
"Didn't I just tell you to stop asking so many questions?" Taka sighed as he sat down against a tree.
"Is this where you take murder victims? We're in the middle of nowhere, Taka" Tomo remarked.
"Relax. I've never murdered anyone. Not yet at least" Taka laughed as Tomo sat down.
"Why are we here then?" Tomo asked as he looked around. It was pitch dark, he wasn't sure he had ever seen actual stars in Tokyo before.
"Somewhere no one's gonna find us" Taka shrugged as he closed his eyes.
Tomo just nodded as he got out his phone and quickly texted Ryota.
"Taka took me to the middle of nowhere. He's definitely either killing me, or finding somewhere to hide Toru's body"
"Why wouldn't we want to be found?" Tomo asked cautiously.
"My parents used to live an hour walk from here. Whenever we fought about tabloids or whatever I'd come here. The first time I just ran mindlessly and gave up after I got here. Then I just kept coming back here" Taka said without opening his eyes. "It's weird. All that shit seemed like the end of the world. Arguing with my dad over pictures of me drinking in tabloids. Dropping out of school. None of that shit even matters anymore. I'd rather the tabloids posted exposés of me doing dumb shit as a teenager a million times over than fight with my dad about Toru. My dad won't even answer my calls. And even if he did, he's just gonna be all 'I told you it would never last'"
"Does Toru know about this place?" Tomo asked.
"No. I once came here to run away from him, though" Taka laughed. "He was so obsessive about getting me to join his band. This was the only place I could think of to get away from him. It was right before he finally broke me down though. I haven't actually been back since then, part of me is surprised it's not a McDonalds or something. I didn't even realise I was driving here until you asked where I was going. I was just driving. I've never even driven here before. Somehow I just ended up here"
Tomo's phone went off loudly as Taka sighed.
"It's Ryota" Tomo said as he looked at the caller id.
"Don't answer it. Please?" Taka looked at Tomo with tears as Tomo declined the call.
"He's probably worried about you" Tomo sighed as he turned his phone off.
"Maybe he should tell his best friend to keep his dick in his pants around people other than me then" Taka sighed.  
"Toru wouldn't cheat on you" Tomo responded.
"He's cheating. I know it. He's been lying to me for a while. I just kept ignoring the signs" Taka sighed.
"What signs?" Tomo asked.
"He said he was going to dinner with his brother and wife a few months ago, right? And then when they came over last week she said she hadn't seen Toru for a year" Taka responded.
"Maybe she forgot?" Tomo asked.
"Maybe. But that's not the only thing. The handcuffs in his apartment. Why did he have those? He's never used them with me. Whoever it is must be significantly freakier than me" Taka sighed.
"He said those were a gag gift. He had all kinds of old things in his apartment" Tomo tried to reassure him.
"Ok. But. Add that to yesterday at the studio. I was going to send myself some photos, right? I grabbed his phone, and he freaked out. He's hiding something on his phone" Taka began crying again.
"It's kinda weird to go through your partner's phone though. I don't think I'd let Marie go through mine. There's nothing bad on there, it's just, weird to go through someone else's phone" Tomo tried to reason.
"I wasn't going to go through it. Just go to his gallery and send myself the pictures. I've done it thousands of times. But suddenly he freaked out. And it's all those things, right? If only one of them happened, it'd be fine. But all together, it doesn't add up..." Taka sighed as he noticed Tomo had fallen asleep.