Chapter 23

A/N:
Do celebrities make on camera statements the same way politicians do? I don't know. But, whatever.

Taka somehow managed to end up in the lounge area around 9:45 where he found the other members of the band. 

John sighed as he walked in, "if none of you are planning on working, we may as well as watch this statement together"
He set up the tv in the room to be on a celebrity gossip channel.
"Ok Taka, I swear, if you've been lying to us..." John said as he looked at the screen, which was filled with pictures of Taka and Mai.
Right at 10, the tell-tale 'breaking news' alert started as the camera went live to Mai at a podium.
Taka didn't even want to hear what she had to say. He looked at the screen, she looked happy. The only time he ever saw her, she left his apartment crying. He felt so bad at the time, even worse now for never clearing the air. She tried calling him once, but he was with Toru at the time. They got together so quickly afterwards he just moved on immediately.
Taka was quickly brought out of his thoughts when he heard everyone in the room let out a small gasp and Toru grabbed his knee.
He wasn't even listening to her, he wasn't sure what she said. Then he looked at the screen and saw the large headline.
"Mai Asada confirms pregnancy" in big letters
"She is rumoured to be dating Takahiro Moriuchi" was the by-line. Not as large, but still there.  
"No. No. No. I didn't get her pregnant, I swear Tor-" he was cut off by Toru placing his hand on his mouth.
Taka just stared at the screen, still not paying much attention. There were pictures of Taka on the screen. It was a montage between solo pictures of him, pictures of the band, and their date.
He was brought back to reality when he heard her say his name.
"I would like to apologise deeply to Taka-san. We went on a date more than a year ago. He was never anything but a gentleman but it did not work out between us. My partner wanted to remain private, but has since decided to reveal himself" she motioned to the man standing beside her.
The 5 men watched until the end as they breathed a collective sigh of relief.
"Can I sell my apartment now?" Taka asked as the press conference ended.
"Yea, I can start getting the ball rolling on that now. We'll talk later about the logistics" John replied as he left the room.
"You're selling your apartment?" Ryota asked.
"We're gonna move in together" Taka responded as he rested his head on Toru.
"You didn't tell me that Taka" Tomo responded as he kicked Taka.
"Ehhhh we haven't actually started the process yet. We just talked about it" Taka responded as he kicked Tomo back.
"But I thought I was your favourite?" Tomo pouted.
"Yea, my favourite victim" Taka laughed as he tackled Tomo.

"Where are we staying tonight? My place or yours?" Taka asked at the end of the day.
"I'm going out for dinner with my brother and his wife tonight. They're in Tokyo for a brief period of time, so, I'm going to see them" Toru responded.
"What? Why didn't you tell me last night when he called?" Taka asked.
"They weren't sure of their plans, he just told me he was in Tokyo. They just texted me an hour ago to see if I wanted dinner" Toru responded.
"Hmph. Fine. Tomo will hang out with me, see you tomorrow" Taka responded.
"Eh, not going to say I love you?" Toru joked.
Taka laughed, "i love you, Toru"
"I love you too Taka" Toru responded as he hugged his boyfriend. He felt bad for lying to Taka about his plans, but didn't think Taka was onto his lies.
"See you tomorrow" Taka added as he pulled away from the hug.
"Yep, be nice to Tomo" Toru laughed.
"Hmm... maybe..." Taka chuckled as he went to go find Tomo.
Toru watched as Taka went to go find Tomo, and wasn't even shocked when he heard Tomo scream. Poor soul probably assumed Taka was going to murder him.

"Ok, I still can't decide between gold rings or silver rings" Taka said as he slumped on Tomo's couch.
"The earrings you bought are gold. You should go with gold" Tomo responded as he sat next to Taka with a bottle of beer. "I just can't believe my young sweet Takahiro is gonna be a married man" Tomo laughed.
"Call me young, sweet, or Takahiro one more time and Marie will be looking for a new husband" Taka threatened. "Just because I admitted you're my favourite doesn't mean I won't fucking kill you"
"Woah, language. To-kun's sleeping in the next room" Marie said as she sat down on the couch.
"Ah, sorry. I'll flaming kill you." Taka repeated to Tomo.
"He's gonna hear you through the walls. Stop being such a bad influence" Tomo sighed.
"Can I send these here? They're gonna take a few months and who knows where I'll be living by then" Taka said as he entered his payment and address info.
"I would be honoured. Do I also get to be the best man in the wedding?" Tomo asked.
"Fight it out with Hiro" Taka responded as he pressed confirm  

Toru put on a proper suit as he got ready to go out. He got in his car and pulled up to a nice hotel and went in.
"Ahh, Toru. Nice to see you again" the woman smiled as she answered the hotel door.

A/N:
Hallmark should hire me as a writer.