Chapter 6

Saturday came and Taka spent all day cooking for him and Toru. He heard Toru knock on the door 5 minutes early
“Hey” Taka said as he greeted Toru with a kiss.
“You always kiss on first dates?” Toru joked.
“I thought this was date number 2?” Taka said laughing.
“Ahhh… so we can do more than kiss after dinner” Toru noted as Taka laughed while kissing him.
“Beer or wine with dinner?” Taka asked as they walked into the kitchen.
“Wine” Toru responded as he went to see what Taka had cooked.
They had dinner and then went to go to Taka's bedroom for sex and sleep.

The next day they went to the studio together. Toru prayed the others wouldn't notice they had both taken the same taxi. He wasn't sure he wanted Ryota and Tomoya to know about him and Taka quite yet.
That day they got their tour schedule for the next year, they were going to do a North America tour, followed by a tour of Asia opening for Ed Sheeran, then a European tour.
Ryota and Tomoya got up to go at the end of the day, leaving Toru and Taka alone in the lounge area.
“You know, Toru…” Taka said as he sat down beside Toru on the couch.
“Why do I feel like you're coming up with a devious scheme?” Toru asked as he looked at the smile on his face.
“We have a day off on March 4th next year” Taka informed him.
“What's March 4th?” Toru asked suspiciously as he realised today was March 4th.
“Is that not an anniversary of some sort? We should celebrate” Taka responded.
“Anniversary of what…?” Toru asked, still confused what Taka was planning.
“Of our first proper date” Taka responded.
“you mean March 3rd? Today is the 3rd... Besides, I thought you didn't really do anniversaries” Toru laughed, thinking of all the times girls would get excited about special days with Taka and he would completely forget.
“I just rarely make it to the one year mark” Taka said as he laid down with his head on Toru's lap.
“Well, if we're still together in a year, we'll do something to celebrate” Toru said as he put his arms around Taka.
Taka wasn't sure if he should be happy or upset. He wasn't sure he was ‘together’ with Toru, but did Toru not see them being together in a year?
“What's wrong, Taka?” Toru asked as he noticed Taka's mood shift.
“Are we together?” Taka asked, looking up at Toru.
“I'm not dating anyone else, are you?” Toru asked.
“No” Taka responded.
“Then what's the matter?” Toru asked as he looked down at the vocalist.
“Do you see us being together in a year?” Taka asked.
“I'm not a fortune teller. I have no idea what's going to happen in a year” Toru responded.
“But do you want to be together in a year?” Taka asked as he shifted himself to be sitting between Toru and the armrest, his legs resting on Toru's.
“I do, yes. But I'm not usually the one between us who fucks up relationships” Toru laughed.
“No I don't” Taka laughed.
“Yea you do” Toru said as he played with Taka's hair. “Anyway, wanna go get ramen?”
“Yea” Taka said as he got off of Toru's lap.
When they were in the hall about to leave they ran into Ryota.
“What are you two still doing here?” He asked as he noted the time.
“We couldn't decide where to get ramen” Toru lied.
“I would kill for some ramen. Mind if I join?” Ryota said.
“Sure” Taka said as he looked at Toru.

The three men went out for dinner, then Taka and Toru went back to Taka's apartment.

“When are we going to tell the other members?” Taka asked as he handed Toru a beer.
Toru shifted uncomfortably. He knew their relationship would change the entire dynamic of the band. He also worried Taka would hurt him, he thought maybe if no one else knew it would hurt less if things went wrong.
Toru laid down on the couch and pulled Taka to lay on top of him.
“After the Japan tour?” Toru suggested.
“But that doesn't end for another few weeks” Taka said, pouting as he tried to drink his beer while laying on Toru.
“And we'll still be together then, right? So what does it matter when we tell them” Toru said as he played with the hem on the back of Taka's shirt.
Taka sighed, he felt like he was being needy and decided against pushing it.
“So what are we doing for my birthday?” Taka smiled as he looked at his boyfriend.
“I thought we were doing hanami” Toru said
“I thought that was with the band. What are we doing, Toru?” Taka asked
“Ah, you think you get two birthdays now?” Toru joked.
“Yea, one with the band, and one with the two of us” Taka replied.
“And what did you want to do with the two of us?” Toru asked.
“I don't know. Dinner. Cake. Strawberries. Sex. Actually I can probably do without the dinner and cake. Strawberries and sex would be good” Taka joked.
“Good to know I don't have to get you a cake” Toru laughed.
“Nevermind I want cake” Taka said as he finished his beer and nuzzled his face into Toru's chest.
“What are you doing April 16th?” Toru asked.
“My birthday is April 17th you idiot” Taka responded.
“I know that. We spend your actual birthday with the band, and the day before we celebrate your birthday. I'll be there with you at midnight for your birthday” Toru suggested.
“I like that idea” Taka said as he smiled at Toru.