Chapter 8

A/N:
I'm gonna post a bunch of parts in rapid fire succession tonight. I'm bored, they're already written, why do I only post one a day? Also ignore the time zone conversions. I wrote these a week ago... none of this is canon and neither is daylight savings time in this world.

The weeks passed and the Japanese tour finally ended. They all went out to party after the final show. When they finally all got back to their hotel rooms, Taka was exhausted. He heard a knock on the door, and half asleep went to answer it and found Toru on the other side.
“Hey” Toru said as Taka just yawned and got into bed and felt Toru spooning him.

The next morning, Taka and Toru were woken up by a loud alarm. They were set to go back to Tokyo early in the morning.
“Fuck, they want me to go to LA 6 weeks early” Taka said as he read his emails.
“What?” Toru said as he read the email.
“I leave tomorrow apparently” Taka said as he rested his head on Toru's shoulder.
“I suppose we'll wait until after the rest of us arrive in LA? We still have parts to record here in Tokyo” Toru said as he looked at his schedule and saw they'd be apart for 6 weeks.
Taka nodded as he hugged his boyfriend. Usually this kind of stuff broke up his past relationships, he hadn't imagined he'd be separated from Toru for such a long time.

Toru slept over at Taka's that night as he realised it would be their final night together for a while. They had barely been together 6 weeks, and by the time Toru saw Taka again they'd have spent more time apart than together.
The next morning a car came for Taka early in the morning to take him to the airport.
“Message me when you arrive” Toru said as he kissed Taka goodbye.
Taka nodded as he left for the airport before kissing Toru one final time and giving him a big hug.

The days went by slowly. Toru video chatted with Taka daily around midnight when it was 7am in LA, it was the only good time when they were both awake and not in studios.

“We're going for dinner” Tomo stated as he and Ryota walked into the lounge room the band usually hung out in.
“Have fun” Toru said as he went back to browsing his phone.
“Stop playing with that. We're going for dinner” Ryota said as he grabbed Toru's phone.
“I'm just gonna go back to my apartment for dinner” Toru said as he tried to grab his phone back.
“Nope. This is an intervention. You've been bloody miserable to be around the past month” Ryota said as he put Toru's phone in his pocket.
Toru just sighed and followed them to the ramen restaurant.

“So Toru, what's been bothering you?” Tomoya said as they sat down at a four person table. Toru just stared at the extra chair, wishing Taka was there with them.
They heard the sound of a Line call beginning. Toru went to check his phone but realised Ryota still had it.
“Can I check my phone? Someone's calling me” Toru said as he looked at the time on his watch and noticed it was almost 11. It was early for Taka to be awake, but Toru figured it had to be Taka.
“Fine” Ryota said as he handed the phone to him.
It was indeed Taka calling, Toru answered it, silently praying Taka hadn't decided today would be a good day to call naked.
“Hey Taka” Toru said as he answered it, grateful Taka was wearing clothing.
“Hey why is Taka calling you? He never calls any of us” Tomoya said as he watched Toru set up the phone in the empty 4th seat.
“Isn't it like 6am in LA? Why are you even awake?” Ryota asked as he looked at the screen. Taka was making breakfast as he held the phone in front of him.
“Early day in the studio. Usually by the time I get up it's way past midnight in Japan so I don't bother calling anyone. But I figured since it's only 11 it would be a good day” Taka said as he poured himself a coffee. “What are you guys up to? Hanging out without me?”
“We're holding an intervention for Toru” Tomoya answered.
“This isn't an intervention” Toru said as ate his ramen.
“No this is an intervention. You don't get to decide that” Ryota said.
“Why are we holding an intervention?” Taka asked, concerned that Toru had never told him anything was wrong.
“He's been bloody miserable to be around for the past few weeks” Tomoya answered. “We've gotta get him in a better mood before we leave for LA. If he's moping around like this in LA no one will want to work with him”
Toru just sighed as he finished his ramen. He knew he wouldn't be moping around like this in LA but didn't want to admit it.
“Sorry, the car's here to drive me to the studio. I'll try to call you guys later” Taka said as he hung up.
“Ok, back to intervention” Tomoya said as he watched Toru take his phone back.
“Do you miss Taka?” Ryota asked.
Toru didn't answer that. He knew that was the reason, but couldn't admit to the other members about him and Taka.
“We miss Taka too. Feels weird being safe from bullying in the studio” Tomoya said as Toru hit him and laughed.
“I can take over that role if you want” Toru joked.