Chapter 17

A/N:
I wrote this during the great Instagram crash of 2019. I had been switching back and forth between Taka's post of tour dates and a google doc for reference. But then I couldn't access Taka's post, thought something was wrong with my internet and went, fuck it screw canon timeline. And screw trying to figure out who they'd actually invite to a party.

“Why do you remember plans for parties but not for dates?” Toru asked as the entire band sat around the bonfire at Taka's house in LA after the show in San Diego.
“What party?” Ryota asked, looking up at them.
“Apparently Taka's throwing a party tomorrow and forgot to tell us” Tomoya responded as he drank his beer.
“I definitely told all of you, there's a facebook invite and everything” Taka responded as he opened his fake account, “Oh. Shit. I think I forgot to add you guys”
The other men all laughed as Taka sent them invites to their fake accounts.

The next day Rola got to his house first and sat around with Toru as Taka made dinner.
Toru was choosing a playlist on spotify as Rola was standing behind the counter with Taka.
“Stop bumping into me while I chop potatoes” Taka laughed as Rola was pouring herself a drink from the fridge.
“Just don't accidentally stab me and it'll be ok. There's enough rumours of us dating, if you stab me they'll call it domestic abuse” Rola laughed. “Do you need help?”
“You bump into me enough without actually helping, just help Toru make a playlist”
Rola sat down next to Toru who was staring at them and browsing Spotify. They heard the front door open and saw Luke Hemmings walk in with Ryota and Tomo.
“Ah, excellent. I haven't missed Taka cooking dinner” he said as he sat down beside Toru.
“Hey, I told you the party started at 11. Why are you here so early?” Taka asked as he grabbed more potatoes.
“I ran into Tomoya and Ryota buying alcohol and figured I would just follow them” Luke responded as he sat down on the opposite side of Toru. “Isn't the point of Spotify to just grab a playlist and play it? Why are you creating a playlist?”
Toru sighed, “you do it if you're so good at it”, he shoved his phone to Luke as he got up and left.
“Did I come at a bad time or is he just really picky about Spotify?” Luke asked confused.
“Did you guys have a fight while we were out?” Tomoya asked as he watched Toru go upstairs.
“He's been in a rotten mood as long as I've been here” Rola noted.
“Here, you chop these then boil them, I'll go check on him” Taka said as he slid the potatoes towards Rola and went upstairs.

Taka entered his room and found Toru on his bed with his back to the door.
“Knock would you?” Toru yelled without turning around.
“This is my bedroom, why would I knock?” Taka responded as he sat down on the bed.
“Sorry, I thought you were Ryota” Toru admitted as he laid on his back.
“Sorry, I could have sent Ryota to check on you. Not sure he would cuddle with you, though” Taka noted as he laid down on Toru's chest.
“Well, I am glad it's you not Ryota” Toru laughed as he kissed Taka's forehead.
“Good. It'd be kinda weird if you'd rather cuddle with Ryota than your beloved boyfriend” Taka laughed. “Now, what's wrong? Luke thinks you're pissed he criticised your Spotify habits”
“Nothing's wrong” Toru responded.
“Are you really going to pretend it's just a spotify thing?” Taka asked as he looked straight at Toru.
Toru sighed, “I love you”
“I love you too, but don't think that's going to get you out of telling me what's wrong”
“Is it weird I'm jealous of how close you and Rola are?” Toru asked.
Taka sighed as he buried his head in Toru's chest. “I expect that shit from the media, not from you”
“Sorry, I know that's a sore spot. But, you are really close with her” Toru responded as he played with the hem on Taka's shirt.
“I'm not nearly as close with her as with you” Taka replied. “Definitely don't ever lay on her and let her play with my shirt”
“Don't ever do this?” Toru laughed as he rolled over onto Taka and began giving him rough kisses.
“Nope, just you” Taka moaned as Toru began kissing his neck.
“No one else does this?” Toru asked as he removed both their shirts.
“Definitely just you” Taka replied as Toru began sucking and biting his shoulder.
“Good” Toru said as he continued kissing Taka again.

“Should we check on them?” Rola asked as she realised it had been a while since they had been a while up there. “Does anyone know what he's even cooking? He didn't give me any instructions beyond boiling”
“You were the only one here when he started cooking” Tomoya responded.
“I think they're over boiled. I guess we're having mashed potatoes now” Rola laughed as she drained the potatoes. “I should really go check on them”
“No” Ryota and Tomoya responded in unison.
“They'll be down eventually, just mash the potatoes. Here I'll find you the potato masher…” Ryota said as he got up to find the masher.
“Shouldn't someone tell them the potatoes are almost done?” Luke asked, feeling awkward as the party crasher.
“No, it'll be fine. They'll be down eventually” Tomoya noted as he went to the fridge to find some butter and milk.
“Ah, there they are” Rola announced as Taka and Toru walked down the stairs.
“Why are you mashing the potatoes? We were gonna have stew” Taka said as he grabbed some plates.
“You didn't actually give me any directions after boiling, then they overboiled while we waited” Rola responded, embarrassed.
“Oh, sorry” Taka responded. “What do we want with the mash? That's not really a meal on its own”
“Sausage?” Luke suggested.
Taka laughed as Toru nudged him, laughing as well.
“Are we back to laughing at sausages? I thought that ended after we left Germany?” Tomo sighed.
Ryota put his head on the table as he suddenly realised why they laughed so much in Germany at sausages.
“Why do I keep saying the wrong things?” Luke asked as he noticed the reactions.
“I'm not sure I understand either” Rola responded.
“Nope, don't get it” Tomoya added.
“They're 12 year old boys laughing at sausage meaning dicks” Ryota sighed as he got up to slap them on the head as they finally gained composure.
“So no to sausage then?” Luke asked as he put some mash on his plate.
“We can order you some sausage if you want” Taka laughed again as Toru slapped him, still laughing.
“No thanks, think I may just eat mash on its own” Luke said as they all began eating it.