Chapter 19

Author's Note:
I don't know the names of Tomo's wife and son. Which I know is none of my business because it's their private lives and all that. But for the purpose of this fic, it sounded weird to refer to "Michelle and Tomo's wife" so i gave them names for simplicity.
To-kun is Tomo's son. Marie is what I'm calling his wife. The kids are only actually mentioned once but it sounded better if I gave them a name.
Also disclaimer I don't know how to surf. I tried it once and it didn't go well, but it did for my much taller friend.
This is long. It was gonna be two chapters, but then I said fuck it.

Taka and Toru were laying around a private beach in Hawaii while Ryota and Tomo were spending the day with their wives and kids.
They had a few days off after their show in Seattle and before Hawaii and decided to bring their family.

“Wanna go surfing? Taka asked as he looked over at Toru who was reading.
“Do you even know how to surf?” Toru asked with a laugh.
“No, but, how difficult could it be? I bet we could watch a few youtube videos and figure it out” Taka responded as he got out his phone.
Toru laughed as Taka watched surfing videos and decided to just book lessons for them.
“We have lessons in an hour” Toru informed him.
“We don't need lessons, look. This is so easy. You just get on the board and stand…” Taka said as he shoved his phone in Toru's face.
“Ok, you can try that before any lessons if you want” Toru laughed.
“You don't think I can surf?” Taka asked with a pout.
“I never said you wouldn't be able surf, I think maybe someone should first instruct you how to surf” Toru laughed.

“Ok, surfing lessons for two under Yamashita?” The receptionist asked as Toru and Taka showed up to the hotel's lessons.
“No, no. Surfing lessons for one under Yamashita, I don't need surfing lessons” Taka responded as Toru put his head in his hands.
“Surfing lessons for 2, yes” Toru answered.
“Ok, right this way” the receptionist introduced them to the instructor before leaving.
“I already know how to surf, so, this is really just for Toru” Taka said shortly after the introductions.
“He watched a youtube video. Ignore him” Toru responded, embarrassed.
The instructor, David just looked at them for a few seconds before taking them to the beach.

“I really don't need any instructions. I can do this” Taka repeated before David even managed to begin.
“Ok, go try it then” Toru said.
“I'm not sure that's a good idea. That's against our insurance policy for beginners…” David started before Taka grabbed the surfboard and ran.
“He already signed the we won't sue you for injuries waiver anyway” Toru chuckled. “He'll realise he's an idiot as soon as he tries to get on the board and then will come crawling like a kitten and listen to your instructions”

“This is heavy” Taka remarked as he got to the waters edge before placing it on the water. He dragged it a few feet from the sand and then attempted to get on it. He managed to get to his knees on it before a wave came. He lost balance and fell off immediately.
“You're such a fucking idiot” he heard as Toru was now in the water rescuing his dumb ass.

“Ok. Now that that's over with. The actual lesson can begin” Toru said as Taka sat beside him.

“I can't do it, the waves are too big. The water gets in my nose and I die” Taka whined after 15 minutes on the water.
“You're the one who claimed you already knew how to surf” Toru responded as they waited for another wave to come.
“I'm on my tippy toes out here, my head's barely above the water” Taka complained.
“Stop complaining, I've seen 5 year olds surf” Toru laughed.
“You two ready?” David asked before pointing the next wave to them.

Taka groaned as he came to be above water again. “I can't do this anymore”
“But we already paid for a whole hour. Maybe you'd be less exhausted if you hadn't nearly drowned before starting” Toru laughed.
“No this is just too much” Taka pouted as he looked at Toru.
“Fine, I'll go one more time you go rest on the beach” Toru responded as Taka walked towards the sand.
“Sorry he's such a pain…” Toru said as soon as Taka was out of range.
“Not the first idiot who claims they learned how to surf from the internet” David responded.