.22.

Chic stayed with me until he thought I was asleep, when I could hear his snores I sat up looking around the black room. I get up walking to the window staring our at the town seeing the clear sky filled with stars. I pull a chair up to the window staring out through the glass while my brother slept. The nightmare ended but why am I still afraid, I notice I'm still in the sweat shirt while I hug myself while the stars sparkle in the sky. I stay there until the sun started to rise painting the sky pink and orange. I get up out of the chair finding tight black jeans and a black tank top with a black jean jacket. I leave my hair down flipping it to one side leaving the apartment taking my bag with me. I walk to the school with clouds starting to come in with rain following. The patter of rain against the side walk relaxes me and my hair getting soaked from the water. I walk into the school running my fingers through my hair walking to my locker opening it seeing a paper fall to the floor.

I'm back, miss me? -p

"Shit." I whisper crumbling up the paper in my hands grabbing one of my textbooks one of the pages book marked with a knife. "Thanks for the gift Penny." I whisper shutting my locker putting the knife and the book in my bag. Still holding the paper in my hands when someone comes up behind me scaring me.

"Hey. whats that?" Kevin asks seeing the paper spilling out of my hand. 

"Nothing." I say throwing the paper in the trash can across the hall.

"Okay," He says hesitantly looking me up and down. "Are you okay? you seem different." He adds walking with me down the halls it feeling like just the two of us.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be." I disclose while we walk around the school. 

"I don't know, something feels off." He says just when Sweetpea stands in front of us holding a knife in his hand staring at me. I push Kevin to the side when he throws the knife at me, I catch the knife right before it goes into my chest. 

"What the fuck is with you!" I scream when he walks up to me.

"Did you know she's back in town!" He screams back at me.

"I just found out, I'm guessing Malachi knows." I yell back.

"Betty... I'm not a serpent anymore which means she can fucking hurt me." He yells at me making everyone confused. 

"You're not the only one." I tell him making him confused. 

"You not a serpent?" He asks making me laugh but I see he's serious.    

"No I'm not, She's back because she wants me, so don't worry." I tell him pushing past him walking away from him. 

"You can't beat her, she's one of the best fighters in serpent history." He yells after me.

"Oh honey I already have..." I hum throwing the knife I caught at him pinning his arm against the lockers. "Why do you think she left." I add. 

If you can't beat your father how will you beat her." he says making me stop in place remembering my dream. 

"He was stronger then me, knocked me out so I couldn't fight back. Penny will want a fair fight." I tell him turning the corner of the hall with Kevin running up to catch up to me. But I get stopped by Jughead when Kevin reaches my side. "What." I complain trying to push past him but he pushes me back. 

"Apparently he's stronger then you too." Kevin whispers making me glare at him just when Fangs comes out from behind Jughead. 

"How do you know Penny Peabody?" Jughead asks holding me in place while the other two watch us intently. 

"She's my aunt." I admit making him sigh pulling me in a hug so he can whisper in my ear. 

"I can't protect you from her, and you know that." He whispers so the other two don't hear.

"I know" I whisper "But I can protect you even though she isn't supposed to hurt you." I add.

"We made a deal." He whispers.

"Have you met my family." I say making us both snicker pulling out of the hug. 

"Maybe you should join the serpents." He suggests making all of us stare at him. "What?" He asks looking at the three of us. 

"Let me take care of this first then we'll talk about it." I tell him hearing the bell ring above us.

"Be careful okay." He tells me touching my hair.

"Yeah." I whisper walking pass him looking for Toni before walking to class. I we run into each other walking to class. I sit down in my chair looking down at the ground zoning out all sound and color. Something hits the window scaring everyone in the room looking at the window, I see a shadow staring into the room their face hidden from their hood. I stand up walking out of the classroom people yelling after me while I leave the building following the shadow to the woods. 

"Elizabeth did you miss me?" Penny hums removing her hood when we are surrounded by trees.

"Lets just get this over with." I say dropping my bag on the ground taking the knife out the same time she does. 

"I taught you everything you know, I know all of your tricks." She says staring at me.

"You might have been the teacher, But you don't know all my tricks." I smile watching her breathing quicken before she throws her knife at me. I duck down hearing it hit a tree behind me. Getting up to my feet Penny grabs my legs and flips me back making me land on my hands and knees. She laughs at me while I stare at her the knife still in my hands, she turns around pulling her knife out of the tree while I throw mine trapping her hood against the tree. She tries to move but can't. I look around climbing a tree while she escapes, she looks around trying to find me when she sees me she throws the knife at me coming close to my face. 

"You should be dead, the reason you are alive is because you're mother begged us not to kill you." She yells up at me I jump down staring at her, moving towards each other in a circle.

"You should have killed me." I whisper looking at her.

"And why is that?" she smiles looking satisfied,

"because you and my father could've been happy.... he just had to go sleep with my mother, your sister." I whisper.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She says raising her eyebrows.

"You and my father had an affair, he was going to divorce my mother but she got pregnant with me causing him to chose not to leave his wife with a new born baby. I finally understand, why you're working with him and and Malachi. You guys want me to suffer because my life ruined your chance at happiness." I explain making her angry and causing her to run towards me wanting to strangle me and she tries. Her hands reach my neck putting pressure blocking air to enter and leave my lungs. 

"Where is he?" She yells

"Gone." I choke out causing her to drop me.