.1.

I've always thought something was wrong with me, the people in my life always harassed me and abused me. My siblings got out as soon as they could, brother joining the army and my sister got pregnant at a young age and ran away. I was forced to move to this town be the new girl leaving the only people who cared about me behind in the dust, not telling them anything because I wasn't allowed. Today is my first day of senior year in a brand new school, probably with people that hate me already. My father pushes me out the door to start walking to school small rain drops hit the top of my head while I walk away from my house. Taking this time to study my surroundings, seeing bright green scenery leaves and bushes dance together in the wind. The clouds hang above me still whimpering over me damping my hair that is tied up in a pony tail. I reach the old fashion building with blue and yellow accents people filing in and out laughing with their friends. Walking in people would stare stopping their conversations mid way through just watching me walk in. I reach the office with all the students still eyeing me down.

"Hi, I'm Elizabeth Cooper. I'm new here." I tell one of the ladies working at the desk.

"Yes, so here's your schedule and locker number... your mother as informed us your medication and she requested you to be in the news paper." she informs me handing me the papers.

"I'm sorry, News Paper?" I ask annoyed with mother.

"Yes, since you were the head of the news paper at your old school we already signed you up for the program... since the program is small you aren't allowed to quit till the semester is over," she adds looking at the file on her computer.

"Thank you." I sigh walking away from her standing on the side of the hallway trying not to get pushed and shoved while I try to find the classroom for the lesson.  English, this should be okay. I walk towards the room following the people who are prancing in the same classroom. I notice that all the seats are full until I spot a extra chair in the back just without a desk. I sit in the chair watching everyone look at me as I'm the only one with out a desk. Ignoring them I grab a book out of my bag using it as a desk waiting for the teacher to walk into the room. When she walks into the room seeing there's no empty desks then spotting me. She smirks a little before starting the class.

"My name is Mrs McRae this is your first class of senior year." she claims which makes some of the people in the room cheer slightly. I pushed the world out of my head staring out the window watching the trees sway in the wind. tuning the world back in noticing people sharing things about themselves. "Ms Cooper do you want to share something to the class?" Mrs McRae asks me making everyone look at me.

"No, I'm good. move on." I respond making some of the people groan.

"And there's another one." a kid with red hair comments making the class laugh while another boy with brown hair and a leather jacket nudges him with his arm while laughing.

"Okay, Mrs Cooper and Mr Jones I want you to write an essay explaining who you are as a person." The teacher demands walking back to us handing each of us a piece of blank paper. I immediately start to write while the teacher explains the rules of her classroom.

You want to know about me... unless you want to know my dark secrets and meet the demeans inside me then you won't find out much. l'm just a broken little girl who is afraid of the dark, I'm a weak human who wakes up screaming from a nightmare her father introduced to her. Trying to squirm away but is being held down with bruises forming underneath. I'm a person who shuts people out when all I want is to be told it'll be okay... I'm the person who gets stuck in toxic situations, I'm the person who gives up after a life time of trying to be normal, but my normal is dangerous.

I finish the sentence putting the paper on her desk while she's in the back of the room explaining something I would never use. When she finishes she picks up my paper and starts reading it, every one watches her read it, seeing her get invested in it. refusing to put it down. "She hasn't had that reaction unless Jughead wrote it." someone whispers watching the teacher finish my paper. The bell rings making everyone jump while I'm the first one out of my seat and out the door.

I'm walking down the hall trying to find my next class when someone runs up next to me. "Hey your new right?" she asks walking with me in the hall. I look at her seeing her brown blonde hair with pink highlights, shes wearing a leather jacket with ripped jeans a tee shirt and a flannel around her waist.

"Yeah." I respond while she leads me into the next class.

"I'm Toni." she introduces herself.

"Betty." I tell her.

"So are you a writer, because the way the English teacher looked in there you're really good. maybe as good as the leader of this hell hole and the gang I'm in." She expresses sitting down in a chair next to me.

"I guess you can say I'm a writer but its just mostly private." I say waiting for the class to start.

"Can I read something?" she asks smirking looking in my bag grabbing my diary.

"you might not want to do that.. It gets pretty dark." I mumble trying to grab the book from her.

"please dark is my middle name... plus I can keep a secret." she adds holding the book in her hands.

"Fine... but don't say anything to anybody." I whisper giving up about getting the book from her.