.3.

"What!" she almost screams while someone walks into the room, "What do you mean all of that is real?" she screams again looking down at my bag. 

"Meaning it actually happened and you can't tell anyone because it won't just be people in the book who get." I whisper when someone clears their throat. 

"Jughead this is Betty, she was forced to joined so don't be a dick to her." Toni says sitting at one of the desks pulling out her laptop.

"Do you any work I can read?" he sighs leaning against one of the desks. 

"Yeah," I sigh pulling out an article from the news paper at my old school and handing it to him. He reads through it quickly seeming impressed with it. "I'll stay out of the way... I don't want to ruin anything you guys have done." I add looking around the room seeing the room small and packed up. 

"Your good, its good the paper it really tends to catch your eye." He explains placing the paper down behind him now looking at me. 

"So is there something I can do?" I ask confused on where I stand in the room, 

"Since its the first day of school we can do an update on everyone since last year." Toni suggests.

"Write about which cheerleaders stay on the team, which ones don't make it and those who refuse to tryout... add something about the jocks throwing a big party this one where the biggest players sleep with almost every girl there, and those who want to fit in but stand on the sidelines." I mumble sitting down in a chair by Toni's desk. They both look at me about to burst out laughing but they also seem stunned. "Sorry." I whisper.

"No you're pretty spot on, just the player you were talking about is in the room." Jughead laughs sitting at the desk he was leaning on. 

"Well at least you know." I add laughing slightly with the both of them. "Why not write about what really happened during the three months we don't talk to each other." I suggest staring at the two other people in the room. 

"That's not a bad idea, plus if we did something new more people would probably read it." Toni revels taking some sort of notes. 

"Yeah, I'll see what I can find out." Jughead says looking at the two of us, I look at the clock on the wall seeing the time is 4:15. 

I jolt up, grabbing my bag off the ground, "I got to go, I'll see you tomorrow." I ramble racing out the door. I run out of the building not caring who might be watching, I start to sprint as fast as I can to my house hoping I make it there before my father. His car pulls up just when I walked through the door. My whole body starts to shake while I take out homework running up to my room sitting at my desk starting on the first problem. My father walks into the house going straight to the kitchen grabbing a beer. I let out a sigh of relief and I look around my new bedroom discovering a window facing another and another facing out to the neighborhood. I focus on my homework forgetting about the day I just experienced. When I'm finished with my homework my father enters my room drunk holding belt in his hands, I sit with my back towards him with my body up tight. He pulls me out of the chair whipping my back with his belt for no reason, I stay silent letting the tears fall out of my eyes while they are squeezed helping me not scream from the scars and bruises that are forming on my skin. When he's finished I open my eyes looking to the side seeing someone in the window across from mine watching all of this happening. I realize that person is Jughead watching me getting pulled out of my house tossed into the car. 

My father is in the drivers seat drunk driving down the road towards the southside of town. He pulls up to a bar filled with people with the person who was watching earlier standing in front. I recognize him as Malachai one of the leaders of the Ghoulies. My father pulls me out of the car pushing me towards him then driving away, Malachai pulls a gun out pointing it to my head. "Nice to see you again Elizabeth." he purrs holding the gun to the back of my head.

"Wish I can say the same Malachai." I respond making him snicker. "Why am I here?" I ask not scared more annoyed. 

"To scare the people in that bar." He whispers pushing me into the building with the gun to my head. Everyone in the room quiets down looking at the two of us some move to grab their own weapons. 

"Betty?" someone asks making everyone look at me with the gun to my head, some of the people step forward trying to save me. 

I shake my head a little sucking on my teeth, "Why don't you shoot me, I mean if you were going to kill me you would've done it already I mean.." I start kicking his leg out of place making him lose his balance, I grab his arm taking the gun from him standing behind him holding the gun to his head. "this is not fun, am I right?" I finish gripping onto his shirt and arms to hold him place. I push him out the door, turning back around unloading the gun and dropping it in the trash can. "Sorry for interrupting." I say turning towards the door, and walking out of the bar. Jughead walks up when I walk out confused and sympathetic. 

"Are.." he starts but I interrupt."

"Don't worry about me, please don't tell anyone okay." I say walking away out of the south side while another car pulls up in front of me reveling my mother. 

"What the hell are you doing! get in the car now." she yells with the window down waiting for me to get in the car. I squeeze my hands closed sitting in the car with my mother who is puffing with anger looking at me. She pulls up to the house refusing to speak to me, we walk in the door to my father acting sober for my mother kissing her cheek putting up an act. My mother believes that my father has changed but nothing changed, he just got worse and worse. She pushes me up the stairs forcefully on my back making me silently wince while I go to bed without eating anything which I'm used to. I take off my shirt looking at the cuts and bruises on my back through the mirror, tearing up at what I saw. I climb into bed pulling a lose shirt over my body and climbing into bed for the night.