Part 60- Home is where the heart is

Ruby's POV

"Ruby are you nearly ready?" Joe asked, calling for me from the kitchen. "We're meeting everyone there soon"

"Nearly" I called from my bedroom as I was finishing getting ready.

We were going out for food, loads of us. Us two of course, Zoe and Alfie and all Joe's friends which they weirdly call themselves the buttercreams. I was constantly teasing him about the name, he just got used to it thankfully.

After a bit, I was finished getting ready and I walked into the kitchen.

"About time" he laughed. "Christmas is nearly here now"

"Shhh I wasn't that long" I laughed.

"Well you were" he smirked.

"I needed to decide on what to wear" I whined.

"Did you say Dani's just meeting us there?" he asked me.

"Yeah" I smiled. "Her mum's dropping her off"

"Ok" he said, getting his phone, wallet and car keys.

Yep. Dani was coming too. I did get along with all the people there but Joe said I could invite Dani so I had someone to talk to about actual stuff, rather than listening to loads of conversations about editing and youtube videos.

I couldn't stop smiling knowing I was gonna see her in about ten minutes time.

"Ooooo someone's excited to see a certain someone" Joe said, smirking at me.

I just laughed. I couldn't exactly deny it; I was so excited to see Dani.

"Right come on then missy" he said.

I put my jacket and shoes on, put my phone in my pocket and walked out the door, so excited for the evening ahead.

****

Joe parked the car and we got out. Dani hadn't arrived yet.

"Do you want me to wait outside with you?" he asked.

"No it's ok" I smiled. "We'll just meet you in there"

"Ok" he said. "If you need me to come out just text me"

With that, he walked into the restaurant.

I waited excitedly. After a bit, I saw the gorgeous girl walk up to me who I was lucky to call my girlfriend.

"Hey" she smiled and pecked me on the lips.

"Hey" I smiled and pecked back.

"So how do you feel about Joe knowing about us" she smiled.

"Really happy" I smiled. "He really accepts us"

"Aww that's great" she said, grinning.

"So, ready to go in?" I asked.

She nodded and took my hand. We walked in up to the huge table everyone was sat at. We sat down, Joe was on my right and Dani was on my left.

Everyone else was in conversation but Zoe and Joe.

"Hi Ruby" Zoe smiled.

"Hi" I smiled back.

"You ok?" she asked.

"Yeah thanks" I smiled.

Zoe started talking to Dani which made me smile. It was nice that people were making an effort with her.

"You ok?" Joe asked.

"Yeah" I smiled.

Joe and I'd came so far. I felt like his daughter. And to me he felt like my dad.

The waitress came over with drinks and Joe passed me mine.

"Here you go" he smiled.

"Thanks.... Dad" I said, shyly.

Joe looked at me shocked, to which I looked down shyly.

He put his hand on me and I looked up.

"You're welcome, daughter" he said, smiling.

I knew I'd had a really bad time. I lost the person I loved more than anyone else. My mum was no longer with me. I thought my life would never be good again.

I lost my home, having to move in with someone i'd never met in my life; the person i'd hated since I knew what the word hate was.

If someone had told me a year ago what happened, I would've likely punched them, that's how false I would think they'd have been.

But look where I was after everything, with my new family. A dad who loved me, an aunt who loved me, a whole group of my dad's friends who in a way apparently loved me, and a girlfriend who loved me.

I thought that when I lost my mum, i'd lost my place of home.

But that was until I realised:

Home is where the heart is!

End of part 60

THE END!

A/N:

Well, that's it. Home is where the heart is is over! Thank you so much for reading. Well, until next time!

Rachel x