Part 54- Hurt

Ruby's POV

I was staring outside my bedroom window, still having no idea what I was going to do.

Joe told me he was sorry.

Zoe told me Joe was sorry.

But what he said still hurt.

It hurt so much.

I knew Joe was my dad; I knew I was his own flesh and blood. But why say that stuff about someone you love? Let alone your child?

My bedroom door opened. I turned to see it was Joe, and by the wetness of his eyes it was evident that he'd been crying.

"Ruby, please don't go" he begged.

In that moment, I couldn't keep myself together. I burst into tears. Joe embraced me in a hug and I was too emotional to protest. I just allowed myself to sink into his arms. As much as I didn't like him at that moment, I had to admit, he gave very good hugs; his body was naturally warm so it gave a weird sense of warmth, like a loving warmth.

"I'm so sorry" he said as he hugged my crying body.

I didn't know what to say; I just couldn't stop crying; it was as if all the emotions I had since I'd lost my mum were just pouring out all in that very moment. I just couldn't stop.

"Shh, shh, it's ok" he said in a soft voice as he rubbed my back soothingly. "Just let it all out, let all the tears out. It's ok"

The way Joe and I were acting right then made it look like we'd never had a single argument in our lives; like we'd never gone through all that trauma; as if the struggles weren't real. It was so strange, yet I didn't want to bring up that I was still hurt. I didn't want to bring up the bad vibes again. I'd never shared a good moment like that with Joe until that very cuddle. Fair enough I had the panic attack and he helped, but I still hadn't managed to see his softer side until that very hug. That very moment. I didn't want that moment to end. It just made me think.

I actually had a dad.

End of part 54

A/N:

I can't apologise enough. This chapter is all over the place. I'm sorry for how awful it is; I just really wanted to get something out for you all. Well, until next time!

Rachel x