Part 4- Nothing to worry about!

Ruby's POV

I walked back into the flat and put the milk in the fridge. Just as I closed the fridge door, my mum walked through.

"Ok" she said. "I trust you"

Instantly, I knew what she meant. I ran up to her and gave her a hug. She was letting me stay alone!

"Thank you!" I squealed. "I swear you won't regret it!"

"But" she said. "I'll be texting every hour"

"Ok" I agreed, nodding my head.

"I'll be back just before midnight" my mum said. "There's food in the fridge for lunch and i've left money on the counter; get yourself a takeaway for dinner."

I released from the hug.

"You won't regret it!" I said.

"Let's hope not!" she said, smirking at me, but I knew she wouldn't.

"And when I text you, be honest" she said. "If something is seriously wrong, don't just say everything is fine. Tell me, ok?"

"Ok" I said. "But everything will be fine! I'll be fine!"

She smiled at me.

Why would anything go wrong?

**************

My mum had been gone for a few hours, and as promised, she texted me every one of those hours.

I was in the middle of making myself a sandwich for lunch- yes, this is the only thing my "cooking" excelled at! My phone pinged. Surprise, surprise, it was my mum.

Mum- Everything ok? x

Me- Yep. x

Mum- You sure? x

Me- Yep. Just making myself a sandwich for lunch. x

Mum- Good, don't want you burning the house down! x

Me- Ha ha! Very funny! x

Mum- Well i'll text you in an hour. Love you x

Me- Love you too! x

I put my phone down and sat down to eat my sandwich.

Lots of people my age find it embarrassing for their parents to text them a lot and say I love you to them, but I don't mind. I think it's rather cute if i'm honest. My mum and I have always been close, and will continue to be. She's my best friend!

*************

My mum hadn't texted me in nearly five hours. I was just sitting on the sofa eating the pizza i'd ordered.

I just presumed she was on a call out and was too busy to text. Plus, she'd have to do a lot of paperwork after that so that would be time consuming.

Maybe she could be in a meeting? Even finally getting promoted.

Maybe she didn't plan on texting me every hour of her shift and just did at first to keep me on my toes?

There's nothing to worry about, right?

End of part 4

A/N:

Hi guys! Sorry for the short update; but in all fairness, the last part was nearly 2000 words long!

I know this is kinda a lousy update but they'll get better!

Love you all and thanks for all the love and support! Well, until next time!

Rachel x