Part 52- Please, Ruby!

Ruby's POV

I was rapidly packing my belongings, desperate to get out of the traitors home.

How could Joe say those things behind my back, yet be so nice to my face?

How could someone act like that?

I just wanted to be gone.

It was a mistake me trusting Joe in the first place. I let my guard down, and I never should have.

As I was packing, my bedroom door opened and I didn't dare look up.

"Please, Ruby" Joe pleaded, sounding like he was trying his hardest to push the tears away. "I'm sorry"

I scoffed and looked at him.

"Yes, you're sorry" I said. "But not for what you're trying to make it look like"

"What do you mean?" he asked, looking confused.

"You see, the thing is Joe, yes you're sorry" I spat. "You're not sorry for what you said, you're just sorry you got found out"

"No Ruby" he said but I cut him off.

"You were speaking honestly!" I shouted. "And now I know! So as soon as i'm done packing, you're taking me to the care home, you'll never have to see me again; no one will have to know I existed in your life and you'll get to keep your reputation! Now get out and let me pack!"

"I don't want you to go, Ruby!" Joe said, raising his voice.

"Don't act all innocent now!" I spat. "You don't want people to know about me because you're ashamed you had a daughter at such a young age. You're ashamed of me!"

"Ruby, i'm not ashamed of you" he said.

"You just said to Jack you're ashamed!" I shouted, not being able to even try to keep my cool.

"Please, Ruby" Joe said, practically begging.

"Get. Out" I spat.

Joe left and closed the door as I continued packing.

Joe's POV

I couldn't let her leave.

I needed her.

She was my daughter.

My own flesh and blood.

She was my life.

I needed to fix this.

But I needed to get help.

I needed Zoe.

End of part 52

A/N:

Hi guys. Well, until next time!

Rachel x