Part 6- Too late!

Ruby's POV

I was in the back of the police car whilst the two officers were sitting upfront, the female one in the passenger seat and the male one driving. I couldn't remember their names but frankly I didn't care; the only thing I cared about was seeing my mum and making sure she was ok. 

The car was being driven so slowly. I needed to get to my mum!

"Can you please drive faster?!" I asked urgently, tears crawling down my face.

"Sweetie, officer Smith is going as fast as he can" she said. 

"What about the siren?" I snivelled. "You can put that on so you can go faster. Then we'll get there quicker"

"Ruby i'm sorry but that's only for emergencies" officer Smith said. 

Emergencies! Is he for real?! What else could you call this?! Of course it's an emergency!

"My Mum is in hospital!" I sobbed. "This is an emergency!"

He carried on driving and officer Bails gave me a weak, sympathetic smile. 

I needed to get there! Urgently! My Mum needed to be ok! She had to be!

***********

We arrived outside the hospital. Officer Bails opened my door and I jumped out. I ran into the building, ignoring their calls for me to wait. As I ran into the hospital I felt even more sobs leave my mouth. I really needed to see my mum!

I ran up to the front desk where the receptionist looked up at me. Before she could even open her mouth to speak, I got there first. 

"I-I need to see my m-mum" I sobbed out. "Jess Bradley"

By this time, the officers caught up.

"Um, can I talk to one of you?" she asked one of the officers.

The male officer went round the corner with the receptionist.

"I need to see her!" I sobbed.

She put her hand on my shoulder.

"You can in a minute, don't worry" she said.

I was getting tired of waiting. I had to wait in the car and I was waiting at the desk. I'd had enough. I walked round the corner where officer Smith was. But he wasn't with the receptionist; he was with a doctor. 

"I'm sorry to have to say this" the doctor said to him. "We did all we could but there was two people who didn't make it; Julia Denzel and Jessica Bradley"

No!

No! No! No! No! No!

"No!" I sobbed. "Stop lying!"

They span round to see me. 

"Ruby" officer Smith said but I cut him off. 

"Where is she?" I sobbed.

They stayed silent. 

"Where?!" I screamed and sobbed.

"Follow me" the doctor said quietly.

He took me to my mum's room. All her wires were being taken out . She lay there, lifeless. 

"N-No" I sobbed, running over and hugging her. "Mum! No!"

I should've text when she didn't!

I should've got there earlier!

This is my fault!

I was too late!

And now she was dead!

My mum was dead!

End of part 6

A/N:

Hi guys! So, Jess is dead! Love you all! Well, until next time!

Rachel x