Part 38- Meeting James' friends

Ruby's POV

It was Saturday afternoon and I was just waiting for James to pick me up. We were going to walk to town to meet up with his friends. I was really nervous to meet them; me and James were good friends even after only a few days, but I was scared in case his friends didn't like me. I didn't want to be an outcast.

The doorbell rang. I answered it to see James.

"Hey" he said.

"Hi" I said back.

Joe walked through.

"I want you back by 5pm ok?" he said.

"Ok" I said.

"If anything is wrong, call me straight away, ok?" he said.

"Ok" I groaned.

Joe chuckled. I put my jacket and shoes on and put my phone in my pocket.

"Bye" Joe said.

"Bye" James and I said in unison and we left.

****

James' POV

I couldn't wait for Ruby to meet my friends. I really liked her and really hoped they'd like her. I was hoping that once Ruby met my friends then maybe me and her could become more than friends. She was funny, kind, gorgeous; the perfect girl! Yes, I knew I hadn't knew her for long, but she just made me want to be with her straight away. I was really hoping that she felt the same.

Ruby's POV

James and I arrived in town. I saw a group of six teenagers, a mix between boys and girls, standing next to a statue. James and I were walking towards them.

"Hey guys" he said.

They all said hellos and gave nods.

"This is Ruby" James said. "Oli's friends with her dad and me and her have hung out together. So I thought I'd bring her along"

The girls smiled at me more than the boys.

"This is Erin" James said, pointing to a girl with long brunette hair and amazing eyebrows.

"Hi" she said.

I smiled back.

"This is Jade" he said, pointing to a girl with straight blonde hair.

"Hey" she smiled, to which I returned a smile.

"And this is Dani" he said.

James pointed to a girl with dark brown, almost black hair. She was definitely one of those girls who was drop dead gorgeous. Her hair was in smooth waves, the natural frizzes at the side making the hair look even better. She was wearing some makeup but not too much, and although she wasn't wearing anything extravagant, I could tell that she put some thought into what she was wearing"

"Hi" she smiled.

"Hi" I said back quietly.

"This is Josh" he said.

I smiled at Josh.

"This is Ethan" James said.

"Hi" Ethan said and I smiled back.

"And this is Scott" he said.

"Hey" he said.

I smiled at them all.

****

We were all walking around town. I was walking with Dani; we were just talking about everyday life.

"So, you with anyone?" she asked.

"Nope" I said. "Single. You?"

"Single too" she laughed. "Single pringle"

As we stopped whilst the boys got our lunch, I felt a sting in my eye.

"What's up?" Dani asked. "You ok?"

"Just an eyelash in my eye" I said, trying to get it out.

"Here, let me help" she said.

Dani stood in front of me and looked me right in the eye. I couldn't help but look back. It's like she put me in a trance.

She blew the eyelash out of my eye, but we were still looking at each other.

"Ruby, come on we're gonna try the new milkshake please" James said.

Before I could say anything, James took me by the hand and I was walking with him.

What just happened?

End of part 38

A/N:

Hi guys! Well, until next time!

Rachel x