Part 33- You're worthy of everything!

Previously

"How dare you!" Joe said, raising his voice. "Ruby is a good kid. She was brought up well by her mum!"

"She's not a kid" she laughed. "She's a mistake"

I felt tears trail down my face.

"Ruby we're going" Joe said, sternly. "Now"

I felt Joe guide me to the car and moments after he pulled out the car park.

They were right though. I was never meant to happen.

I was a mistake.

Now:

Ruby's POV

As soon as Joe and I got back home, I rushed into my bedroom, slammed my door shut and jumped on my bed, burying my tear filled eyes in my mountain of pillows. I didn't care that I hadn't ate dinner, not one bit. I had no appetite in me whatsoever. I'd just been called a mistake. And the most upsetting part about it was that my grandma was right; I was never meant to happen, therefore I was a mistake.

My mum always said to me I wasn't a mistake. But whether people wanted to put it in a nice way or not, I was a mistake!

I was sniffling in my pillows when I heard my bedroom door open.

"Ruby?" Joe said softly.

I sat up quickly and wiped my tears, before turning to face him. Joe came and sat across from me cross legged.

"It's ok to be upset" he said softly.

"I'm not" I lied, looking down.

"Ruby, I know you are" he said. "And I don't blame you. What they said was awful. I wouldn't have said the things they said even to my own worst enemy"

I looked at him, no longer caring that my eyes were glossy.

"Well i'm obviously their worst enemy" I mumbled.

"Ruby, none of the things they said were true" Joe said. "You're not trash, and you're certainly not a mistake"

"But I am though" I said, sounding more serious than I ever had before. "I wasn't meant to happen. You and my mum didn't mean to have me, i was a mistake. I still am"

"You're not Ru-" he said but I cut him off.

"I am!" I said sternly. "A mistake is something that is wrong or shouldn't have happened! I'm one"

Joe sighed.

"Well if you really wanna see yourself as a mistake, then you're the best mistake that's ever happened" he said.

"You don't mean that" I muttered, looking down.

"Oh, I do" Joe said, sounding serious. "You're worth everything. And even if it takes the rest of my life to prove it to you, I will"

Joe's words warmed my heart a little. It's like they mended it a bit. I smiled at him slightly.

"Now come on, we have food to eat" he smiled.

We both got off the bed and he put his arm around me as we walked through to the kitchen.

I knew I wasn't worth everything.

But maybe, just maybe, I was worth something.

End of part 33

A/N:

Although this is short I quite like this part. Well, until next time!

Rachel x