Part 41- Sleepover?

Ruby's POV

As I was doing school work on my laptop, a facetime call came up on my laptop; it was Dani, making me instantly smile. Dani and I exchanged numbers the day we met; we texted quite a lot and facetimed as much as we could.

I answered the facetime call and Dani's face popped up on the screen.

"Hey" she said, smiling.

"Hi" I said, smiling back.

Just at the sight of Dani's face, I knew the rest of my school work could wait. I loved talking to Dani; she always made me laugh and smile.

"What's up?" she asked. "What you doing?"

"Just some school work" I said. "You?"

"Just got back from school" she replied. "But if you're busy I can go"

"No!" I said, much louder and quicker than I thought.

"Ok" she said, laughing slightly.

I had to make an excuse.

"Sorry" I said, forcing out a laugh. "I've just been really bored with school work so I don't want you to go"

"That's fine" Dani said, laughing. "Everything ok with it?"

"Yeah" I replied. "Just struggling with maths as normal"

"That's one of my best subjects" she said.

"Lucky" I laughed. "It's one of my worst"

"I'm free on Friday after school" she said. "I could come round if you want and help you"

"That would be great. One minute, i'll ask" I said.

"Ok" she said.

"Joe!" I called out for him.

A few seconds later, he walked into my room.

"Yeah?" he asked. What's up?"

"Can Dani come round on Friday after she's finished school?" I asked. "She said she'll help me with my maths"

"Sure" Joe said.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"She can sleep over as well if you want" he said.

"Really?" Dani asked through the laptop.

Joe chuckled.

"Didn't realise she was there" he laughed. "And yeah sure"

"I'll ask my mum" she said. "And i'll text you when i've asked her, Ruby"

"Ok" I smiled. "And thanks, Joe"

"No problem" he said, and he left my room.

****

I'd just got back in my room after dinner. I was just in the middle of putting my laptop on charge when my phone pinged, notifying I had a text. I looked at it to see it was Dani.

Dani: My mum said yes! I can stay at yours Friday night! x

I replied instantly, not being able to wipe the smile off my face.

Me: Yess!!!! x

Dani: I finish school at 3:30pm. I'll pack my stuff when I get home. I could get to yours for about 4:30pm. That ok? x

Me: Yeah that's fine! Can't wait! x

Dani: Neither can I xxxx

I couldn't quite put my finger on why, but I couldn't be more excited for Dani coming!

End of part 41

A/N:

Hi guys! Although it's simple, I quite like this chapter. I love you all so much. Well, until next time!

Rachel x