Chapter 07

3rd POV~

After the wonderful game of ball you ended up almost at a tie but managed to beat them at one point.

After a long time of a complaining Pippin, you had joined Sam in packing and by packing you were just watching, leaning against the wall arms crossed and one ankle crossed over the other.

You found the hobbit amusing when he scrambled about the room packing a giant hump of things like pots, pans and some other unnecessary things.

Sam hadn't noticed Frodo walked in except for you as you have him a nod in greeting before returning your attention back towards Sam.

"Now... What am I forgetting?" Sam muttered to himself.

"Packed already?" Frodo asked causing Sam to jump and twirl around.

"You don't have to worry Frodo, because Sam's bringing the entire Rivendell," you chuckled sarcastically making Frodo grin in amusement.

"No harm in being prepared," Sam spoke calmly before playfully sticking his tongue out at you which you stubbornly returned the gesture.

"I thought you wanted to see the Elves, Sam," Frodo raised a brow as he is outside on the balcony.

"I do...." Sam muttered looking at his fingers.

"More then anything," Frodo continued.

You and Frodo both looked at Sam to see some hesitation in his movements and body language.

"I did. It's just...We did what Gandalf wanted, didn't we? We got the Ring this far, to Rivendell...and I thought... Seeing as how you're on the mend, we'd be off soon. Off home," Sam had a child's smile on his face making you instantly frown feeling an etch of some sort of pain in your chest.

"You're right Sam," Frodo sighs. "We did what we set out to do," he opens his palm to reveal the ring.

You watch silently as you stare at the ring clenching your jaw nervously. You hated the sight of that ring.

"The ring will be safe in Rivendell. I am ready to go home," Frodo nodded as you just looked away.

Elrond and Gandalf had been watching this scene outside seeing Frodo and Sam on the balcony.

"His strength returns," Elrond turns towards Gandalf.

"That wound will never fully heal. He will carry it for the rest of his life," Gandalf sighed slightly leaning against his staff.

"And yet to have come so far still bearing the Ring...the hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to its evil," Elrond smiled slightly.

"It is a burden he should never have to had to bear. We can ask no more of Frodo or my granddaughter," Gandalf said in a strong tone that meant the conversation was sealed.

"Gandalf, the enemy is moving. Sauron's forces are massing in the east. His eye is fixed on Rivendell. And Saruman, you tell me, has betrayed us. Our list of allies grows thin," Elrond pushed lightly.

"His treachery runs deeper than you know. By foul craft, Saruman has crossed Orc with Goblin Men...he is breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard. An army that can move in Sunlight and cover great distance at speed. Saruman is coming for the Ring," Gandalf looked at Elrond with an unreadable expression.