Chapter 02

3rd POV~

BOOM! Fireworks go off in the night sky shaping into a tree as it wilts then a whole bunch of flowers as you subconsciously start to grin up at the beautiful lights that flashed above you.

Frodo smiled at you but you didn't see it as his gaze then switched to Sam who was staring at a beautiful hobbit they knew as Rosie Cotton.

"Go on, Sam, ask Rosie for a dance," Frodo nudged his friend with a smug smile.

"I think I'll have myself another ale," Sam said a bit jittery and scared.

You see this and shake your head.

"Oh no you don't!" You snapped grabbing the tankard of ale in Sam's hand before he can take a sip as you grab the back of his shirt and thrust him in the middle of the dancing as he's swept away into it.

Frodo and you start to laugh in amusement at Sam's face while you down Sam's ale in one gulp.

"Didn't know you drank ale," Frodo raised a brow teasingly.

"You don't know a lot of things Frodo Baggins," you murmured mostly to yourself as you kept watching the small fireworks and Sam's cries for help in the middle of the dancing.

Suddenly a BOOM goes off making everyone perk up in alert to a giant firework zooming over the crowd before bursting apart into a giant golden, red and green dragon. The firework sparked over the crowd as everyone kept ducking and avoiding it and you would have gotten smacked of Frodo didn't jolt your arm to get you down.

"Bilbo! Look out for the dragon!" Frodo yelled to his uncle who was oblivious of the chaos.

"Dragon...? Nonsense! I haven't seen a dragon in these parts for thousands of years!" Bilbo yelled back to his nephew as you mentally face palmed.

You having longer legs and the faster momentum, you jetted towards Bilbo yanking him down just in time before the dragon swooped a few feet over your heads and back into the crowd.

Everyone ducked down avoiding the firework that barreled into the tents, food and other things that were now flipped over until it reaches a hill and explodes.

Your ears hurt at the loud explosion as you help Bilbo up who gratefully looks at you in a silent thank you.

You see your grandfather and run over to him to see what was going on as your attention was caught by two boy hobbits on the ground covered in black charcoal obvious they set off the firework.

"That was good!" The first one said.

"Let's get another one!" The second one piped up but you cleared your throat glaring down at the two boys with your hands on your hips.

Gandalf grabbed the two by the ears and pulled them up making them wince and tilt their heads in pain.

"Meridoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took...I might have known!" Gandalf scoffed as you just laughed slightly at this.

"Who are these two doofuses?" You asked eyeing the two.

"U-Um... Merry is the name and mischievous is my game," the first one weakly smiled but it was still pained by Gandalf holding their ears.