Chapter 21

3rd POV~

You, Merry and Pippin sit on the smashed walls watching the waters lap at the tower's base and the Ent's feet.

You found this somewhat relaxing almost as relaxing as watching the sunset every day(even if it wasn't sunset and it was middle of the day or afternoon). You've never missed one.. That is until you came on this wild journey.

Before you is a feast of meats, bread, and varieties of different foods (guessing for some sort of victory) as you just sipped some wine.

Pippin and Merry were smoking pipes peacefully.

"I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon, after a hard days work," Pippin sighed as he and Merry laid back in the sun.

"Only, you never had a hard day's of work," Merry smirked as you scoffed with an amused smile.

"Welcome, my Lords, to Isengard," Merry cuts off Pippin before he could say something.

Gandalf, Aragon, Legolas and Gimli stare at the sight before them when they arrive.

"You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and smoking," Gimli huffs.

"We are sitting in a battlefield of victory Gimli but yes... It is rather odd we are celebrating so soon," you say without emotion.

"I recommend the salted pork," Pippin had his mouthful.

"Salted pork?" Gimli looked over.

"Hobbits..." Gandalf shakes his head in disbelief.

"We're under orders from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard," Pippin smiled.

"We are..?" You murmured in a bit of surprise as Merry shot you a glare to not argue.

You made a face but said no more before sipping your wine.

Gandalf leads the company through the flotsam and
jetsam which floats upon the muddied waters surrounding the
tower.

Treebeard, the giant Ent strides towards them, ALARMING all but Gandalf.

"Huraroom ... Young Master Gandalf, I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and, stone I can master, but there's a wizard to be managed here ... Locked in his tower," Treebeard pointed out.

"And there Saruman must remain, under your guard, Treebeard," Gandald nodded at the giant Ent.

"Let's just have his head and be done with it," Gimli huffs.

You smile over at the dwarf and being in the good mood you were in you walked over and ruffled his hair over his helmet in your way of greetings.

Gimli swatted your hands away and playfully glared at you but you noticed the pink on his cheeks making you smirk.

You are also greeted by Legolas and Aragon who come to your sides.
Aragon ruffles your hair like what you did to Gimli and Legolas patted your shoulder.

Gandalf stares up at the Dark Tower.

"No. He has no power any more," Gandalf says quietly.