Chapter 09

3rd POV~

THE FELLOWSHIP are struggling through a blinding blizzard, up
towards the PASS OF CARADHRAS.

You are freezing your butt off just like everyone else as Pippin was under your cloak on your right side and Merry on your left.

Legolas the Elf moves lightly
across the top of the snow...He suddenly pauses. Saruman's
voice sweeps by in the wind.

"There is a fell voice in the air," Legolas told everyone in urgency.

"It's Saruman," Gandalf breathed as he got chills like everyone else.

Thunder rumbles as the side of the mountain causing it to crumble slowly.

Everyone is in shock as your heart beats against your chest rapidly.

"He's trying to bring down the mountain. Gandalf! We must turn back!" Aragon yelled over the blizzard.

"No!" Gandalf wouldn't take it as he raised his staff and started to chant something into the air. "Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho I ruith. Sleep Caradhras, be still, lie still, hold your wrath,"

You have your hands on Merry's and Pippin's shoulders like a protective mother over her kids you pulled them close.

Saruman's voice only grew as thunder struck the side of the mountain causing an avalanche above them to fall down.

Frodo stands in horror as well as everyone.

Aragon pulls Frodo and Sam against the cliff side, Legolas pulled Gandalf to safety and you pulled Merry and Pippin along the side while everyone else dodged the collapsing snow.

Snow piled around all of you.

"We must get off the mountain! Make for the gap of Rohan and take the West road to my city!" Boromir spoke urgently.

"The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard," Aragon pointed out.

"We cannot pass over the mountain. Let us go under it. Let us go through the mines of Moria," Gimli suggested

Gandalf has a concerned look on his face.

"Let the ringbearer decide," Gandalf turned to Frodo as everyone looked at him.

"Frodo?" You questioned almost too quietly.

"We will go through the mines," Frodo spoke looking between you and Gandalf.

"So be it," Gandalf nodded.

~~~
Nighttime.

The Fellowship are walking along the far shore of dark
lake...Directly below great looming cliffs.

"The walls of Moria," Gimli spoke in awe.

You were not really amused and you didn't want to really be here. You had a bad feeling about this.

Footing is treacherous on the narrow strip of green and
greasy stones.

Gandalf touches the smooth rock wall between
the trees... Slowly, faint lines appear like slender veins of
luminous silver running through the stone.