Chapter 41: Distractions

Jimin's POV

After waking up on Saturday morning, finding myself somehow in Jungkook's warm embrace despite falling asleep facing the opposite way, I was surprised to find that he was already awake and playing with my hair.

I looked up to him with my slightly swollen half lidded eyes, due to the extensive crying yesterday, and he smiled so lovingly at me.

There was a look in his eye. One that showed me how much he loved me and how sorry he still was, but once again that pride in me he showed yesterday when I managed to talk to the head master.

A small tinge of blush made its way to my cheeks and I looked away with a tiny smile, "I both love and hate the look you're giving me right now." I sighed and he frowned, brushing his hand through my hair once more before draping his arm behind me.

"What look?" He questioned and I half expected to look up and see him smirking as though he knew exactly what I was getting at but just wanted to hear me say it.

However, as I met his gaze he truly looked dumbfounded, like he had no clue what I was talking about, "that look in your eye, I can see how proud you are of me, it's sweet but also I feel... I don't know, it's like you're pitying me too much." I mumbled and stroked his bare chest lightly with my pyjama paws.

(I wanted to say sweater paws cause like everyone knows what that is but he's not wearing a sweater so...)

"I don't mean to pity you Jimin, but of course I feel awful, but only because I can't even imagine how awful you must feel and putting myself in your position makes me feel so sorry that it had ever happened. But I don't mean to seem patronising or anything that's the opposite of what I want. You're right about me feeling immense pride in you Park Jimin, you are officially the strongest person I'll ever know."

I sighed as tears pricked at the corners of my already puffy and red eyes, I sniffed slightly and could feel the pout forming on my lips, "I love you Jungkook." Was all I could say as my lower lip began to wobble.

"Oh baby please no more crying your poor body has been through so much of these tears, you'll end up dehydrated, I didn't mean to make you cry again I'm sorry." It was Jungkook's turn to pout now as he wiped my newly formed tears away, clearly feeling guilty for causing them to appear.

"Trust me these tears are a lot better than all he previous ones, you just make me feel so safe and loved and overwhelmed with such a warm feeling which I didn't think would be possible after yesterday. Especially not so soon, but you're just you Jungkook, you really are the best thing to ever happen to me." I cuddled into his chest further and felt him place a kiss on the top of my head as I laid there and filled my mind and senses with everything Jungkook.

I truly believe that if there's any way I will fully heal, Jungkook will be the one to make it happen.

"I need to keep distracting myself Jungkook, that's what it is, now that we've resolved the problem and I've had my closure knowing he will get what he deserves, I just need to stop thinking about it." I sat up beside him and he followed suit.

"Well what do you suggest we do, I would say distractions are a bad idea but we have already faced the problem so I suppose it's all we can do." He shrugged and I took a deep breath, thinking of things that could keep me distracted.

"A party. But not an over the top one, more like a gathering, can't we just invite all our friends here and watch movies and play games and just pretend it never happened." I asked and Jungkook smiled softly.

"That sounds great, do you think we should invite Yoongi?" He asked and I nodded, "invite his friends too, your old friends. I'm sure everyone can be civilised in our home at least. I mean the saying is 'the more the merrier' after all."