Chapter 12: Under Pressure

Jimin's POV

This morning was pretty uneventful.

It was Thursday today, which means no tutoring this afternoon either.

After last night my brain was so messed up I wasn't really sure what to do today. I hadn't seen Jungkook yet but it was break in a few minutes, I'd find him then. I've spoken to Taehyung about my date and he didn't really seem interested, he's been to busy with his new bestie Baekhyun...

Im not jealous.

"Ahahaha You're so funny!" I heard him laugh from across the room, of course he was laughing at something Baekhyun had said.

I'm not jealous.

Meanwhile I sat on a table with people I didn't know, I mean, it was a seating plan, it's not like Tae chose to ditch me for Baekhyun. But he probably would anyway.

Who am I kidding of course I'm jealous... He moved here with no friends, I became friends with him straight away, and now suddenly this guy nobody has ever even heard of before swoops in and steals him away!

Oh shit he saw me staring...

He stood up and walked over to my table as the teacher wasn't in the room this precise moment, "what's up Jimin?" He asked with a frown, "nothing. I guess I'm just lonely over here." I mumbled and he laughed a little.

"Hey bro, I'm sorry, I wish you could come sit with me and Baekkie, I feel like we haven't hung out enough... Just you and me." He smiled sympathetically and I smiled back, "it's ok, just promise me I've still got my best friend right?" I asked kinda desperately but he grinned widely.

"You'll always have me Jiminie, don't worry." The teacher came back in and shouted at Taehyung to go and sit down so he waved a little and off he went before we continued with the lesson.

Well at least I don't have to be jealous!

After a few more minutes the bell rang signalling break, I went over to Tae and Baekhyun before we went off and I persuaded them to help me find Jungkook. We went outside and I saw him and Jieun in the corner under our tree, I also saw Seulgi kinda third wheeling.

Wait...

Jungkook and IU kissed.

Of course Jungkook is with IU.

I felt tears brimming in my eyes and a knot tying in my stomach. I started to slow my walking and as much as I wanted to look away, I couldn't stop staring at them, sitting there, flirting, laughing, being happy...

I shook away my thoughts and instead looked at Seulgi as we got closer, "hey Jimin, thank you for finally saving me from the cringe." She laughed and gestured to Jieun cuddling up to Jungkook, "hey, we're not cringe, we're cute!" IU protested and Jungkook just sat looking at his phone.

I started to hope a little in my heart, he doesn't seem very interested in her...

"Hey guys!" Taehyung waved and Jungkook looked up to smile at him, "hey dweebs." He replied before looking back at his phone making me laugh, IU studied me for a minute and I tried not to notice her staring but it was difficult, she wasn't glaring at me or frowning out of hatred...

She seemed to be confused, like she was trying to figure me out. I finally locked eye contact with her but she blushed and looked away, what is up with her?

"Hey Seulgi, can I talk to you? Away from these guys?" I asked and she looked over to Jieun before smiling at me and agreeing. I got up and I looked back momentarily to see Jungkook frowning, I'm not sure why, but I was hoping for a supportive glance or something...