Chapter 40: Friends?

Jimin's POV

When Jungkook and I made it to Yoongi's place I realised just how scared I was to see him again. This was such a different type of scared than I'd ever been of Yoongi.

Before, I was scared just because I knew what came after seeing him... but now, it's like seeing him is gonna put me back in that place. He saved me, so surely I should be happy to see him.

I don't know... I guess I feel guilty as well, he's in so much trouble because of me now, he may never be allowed back into schools, I'm surprised he's not gone into a juvenile prison for attacking a teacher.

Jungkook rang the front doorbell before looking at me and holding my hand, I tried not to flinch at the contact and actually found the gesture soothing after getting over my initial uncomfort.

After a few moments Yoongi opened his front door with messy hair and a sleepy looking face.

"Hey Yoongi, sorry if we're butting in on anything, we just wanted to talk?" Jungkook asked after Yoongi had stood there with a confused stare on his face.

He continued to say nothing, however he did step aside and hold his front door open as a gesture for us to enter. Jungkook squeezed my hand gently in reassurance before we both made our way inside.

Yoongi ruffled his hair and rubbed his eyes before plopping onto his couch. He then lazily wafted his hand toward the couch opposite him and Jungkook and I didn't hesitate to sit.

"So, what did you wanna talk about?" His usual croaky voice grumbled out as he looked back and forth between us both. We were sitting with a reasonable gap between us... he had one eyebrow raised, slightly judgementally, the entire time.

"Look Yoongs I'm so sorry..." Jungkook sighed and I turned to look at the guilty expression on his face, "for what?" Yoongi bit his lip and turned away, clearly trying to act pissed off.

"For everything, we used to be like best friends, sure you were a little clingy and controlling but you were my only real friend and I didn't mean to ruin that, I'm also just super sorry about what I was saying earlier. I now know I assumed entirely wrong of you..." I saw Jungkook turn to look at me at the same time as I locked eye contact with Yoongi.

"We don't have to talk about it." Yoongi spoke gentler this time, reassuring me, I looked away but nodded slightly in appreciation. "And hey I'm sorry too." He continued making Jungkook smile.

"Thank you, we don't have to be friends but-"

"No, if it's okay I'd like to be, I promise no more of my bullshit." Yoongi cut Jungkook off and I couldn't help but smile a little, I was happy Jungkook had his friend back, but mainly happier that Yoongi seemed to have changed for the better.

"Jimin? Is that okay?" Yoongi leant forward and looked at me with the most sincere look I'd ever seen in his eyes, after everything he'd done to me I had every right to hate him forever, and I wouldn't have just forgiven him cause he helped me earlier... but I knew he was actually being honest.

Big bad Min Yoongi was actually pleading for me to give him his friendship back... and there was no way I'd ever say no to something like that.

"Of course Yoongi, I've already said I'd like us to be friends too, thank you." I smiled at him and rested my hand atop of his as he leant on the coffee table between our two couches.

"You need to stop thanking me, it's definitely not something I did in order to get thanks, I was doing what any decent human being would do Jimin. I'd love it if we could just all be friends now, but it's not like I'd be seeing much of you guys anymore anyway." He sighed and I frowned, looking toward Jungkook.