Chapter 23: Scared

Jimin's POV

After Jungkook and I had spent the whole weekend together and enjoyed our wonderful date, it was unfortunately the dreaded time to face everyone back at school.

Yoongi and Seulgi obviously both already knew about us, but we both- especially Jungkook- were worried about how people would react.

I knew my friends like Taehyung, Krystal, Baekhyun and the others would all be happy for me and everything, but I knew that none of Jungkook's friends would accept us and to be fair just because I'm me and the fact that we're in a gay relationship would make a lot of people start to throw hate at Jungkook...

But as I walked to school with his hand in mine I couldn't even worry about what everyone else thought.

We smiled and laughed, making jokes and him whining about how cliché we are, I was just so happy, I'm pretty sure he was too.

We met up with Tae on the way and again, I'm just so pleased he didn't take our relationship badly, I'm pretty sure he's got a thing going with Baekkie anyway so I'm just glad to know he won't be getting jealous of Jungkookie and I.

As we reached the school gates I noticed Jungkook had gotten quieter and and his grip on my hand had tightened a little, "Kookie? What's up?" I asked with a little frown as I worried for him.

He sighed a little before looking up to me with a sad smile, "I'm scared." Was all he got out, my heart hurt at the fear and anxiety laced through his voice and shown in his eyes. Thinking about how people would react, but it also made me feel so unbelievably loved to know that he was going through this and yet still would hold my hand, just for me.

He was going to lose most if not all his popularity and friends just because he loved me.

I squeezed his hand and pecked his cheek as we continued to walk into school, his "friends" weren't outside like they usually were at this time of the morning which I noticed made Jungkook relax a little but I could tell he was confused.

We got many looks from our classmates as we walked still hand in hand down the hallways, I was surprised to see a few people smiling at us both, but I was less surprised to see all the glares and hear the judging whispers.

As we reached the first lesson that we had together, it being music, we stopped and I let go of his hand.

He looked up to me with a smile and I grinned back to him, "see, nothing to worry about, some people even looked happy for us!" I tried to cheer him up and he nodded slightly, "I'm fine with those horrible people disliking our relationship because it's not gonna make a difference to the way I feel about you."

I smiled as I stood on my toes to give him a loving kiss but jumped away when the ball rang to signify the start of class, he laughed at how frightened I got before we entered the classroom.

As we walked into the music room we saw Seulgi with some other girls at the back of the room but also saw Jieun and Krystal together so I dragged Jungkook straight over to them.

"Hey guys!" I waved and both girls smiled and greeted us back as we came over, "so uh, you two finally an actual thing now?" Jieun asked and Jungkook blushed a little and looked at me before gulping in nervousness.

"Yes, yes we are." I replied and pecked my boyfriend on the cheek like earlier, he smiled a little but it soon disappeared when he remembered we were in the middle of our music classroom.

"Aww you're so cute together!" Krystal cooed and I rolled my eyes but Jungkook was finally grinning and had put his arm around my shoulder once we had sat next to each other by the girls.