Chapter 28: Jungkook...?

Jungkook's POV

Jimin has been in a coma for almost a month now, there hasn't been a single day where I haven't seen him at least once. Most days I wake up way earlier than I ever used to just to be able to visit him before school. Then I'd rush to hospital again after school and stay with him until they kicked me out.

On the weekends I would spend all day there, and sometimes there was this one nurse who would get me free food and drink, and even let me stay over night.

I miss him so much.

I've been around Jimin more while he's unconscious than I have when he's awake.

And this month of seeing him laying there, almost lifeless, made me realise how much I really am in love with him.

This isn't just some high school fling, or some stupid crush.

Seeing him pretty much dead except for the rise and fall of his otherwise non moving body, makes me realise that I never want this fragile boy to ever be hurt again.

It makes me realise that I want to protect him for as long as I live.

It makes me realise that I need to spend the rest of my life with him.

And that's why, while I was in the middle of a Science exam at School, when my phone went off as a message from the hospital came through, I didn't hesitate to drop everything, grab my bag, and sprint out of the building.

Jimin was moving.

They thought he was waking up.

Jimin's coming back...

My heart was pounding and my entire body shook as I rushed into the hospital, not even letting the lady at the desk know who I was or where I was going, because by now, everyone already knew.

I knew my way to Jimin's hospital room better than I knew my way round my own house, so by the time I reached it it had only been 7 minutes since they sent me the message.

"Jungkook? You got here fast..." that same nice nurse was waiting with Jimin's still sleeping body in the room.

"Is he actually waking up?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the boy who, as they'd informed me, was twitching every now and then ever so slightly.

"We think so, this is the most he's moved in the month he's been in this state. We just have to be patient, the other doctors were telling me that maybe if someone he knows or loves started talking to him it might speed up the process." The nurse explained.

I immediately sat in the chair beside his bed and held his hand, "Jimin, baby, wake up for me hey? You've been asleep long enough now don't you think...? Everyone's so worried about you, Taehyung got you a card to give you when you're awake, it's so cute, everyone signed it... We all miss you so much Jiminie, please wake up now..."

He did start to stir a little more as I spoke to him, but it didn't seem to be working...

Is this a sign that he doesn't actually love me...?

"Uh... Have you tried getting his parents in, maybe that would work better." I mumbled to the nurse as my eyes watered a little, "Jungkook..." she sighed and I knew she felt bad, "yes, we have, they should be here soon. But keep trying Jungkook, I'll leave you alone." She smiled sympathetically at me before grabbing her clipboard and leaving the room.

I wiped my eyes a little and looked back at Jimin.

"Jiminie? I love you... You know that yeah? And you love me too right? Please wake up for me..." I yawned as I spoke to him and rested my head on the soft sheets he laid on.