Chapter 15: Just Friends

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"Yep. She is leaving. And I guess she is not coming back."

"How about the two of you?"

"I dont know M. Its complicated. We have been fighting about it."

"Oh. Well. You shouldnt fight about it. You should just talk. No shouting and stuff."

"Yeah. I guess so. Thank Miks."

He placed an arm on my shoulder and we walked home.

When I got home, I saw my brother and father playing xbox and mom at the kitchen. I went in the kitchen and kissed mom on the cheek.

"Hi Mom! I wont be eating dinner here. I'll be at Daniel's house."

"Sure honey."

I went upstairs and rested for a while and headed to the bathroom. I got dressed and went to Dan's house.

"Hey Mrs Kitting!"

"Hey Mika sweetheart! Excited to see Dylan?"

"Yes Ma'am. I missed him. Been a long time."

"Haha. I'm sure he missed you too. Daniel's in his room. Just go on up there."

I went up stairs and got in D's room without knocking. He was on his bed sleeping. He looks so cute. And why is he sleeping? He never sleeps at this time.

"Pst. D." I got closed and whispered in his ear.

With his eyes closed, he grabed a pillow and hit me on the head.

"Ouch! Hey!"

"That's what you get for waking me up from my dream."

"What as your dream about?" I pushed his body to the side and sat on his bed.

"Uhm. Its a secret. Hehe."

"Come on!" I took a pillow and hit him with it.

"Stop that M. Its a secret. Cant tell you."

"You never tell me anything anymore D. Its so sad." I imitated April's pouty face.

"That face doesnt work with me. You look more ugly."

"Hahaha. April gave that face earlier and you didnt say a thing! Bias!. Hahah!"

"Whatever. It suits her and not you M. Hahaha."

While we were laughing. Two hands were placed over my eyes and I couldnt see a thing. I touched the hands and they were strong and firm. I smiled.

"Dylan!"

I removed my hands and I hugged Dylan so tight.

"Hey there little Mika monster! I missed you!"

"Hehe. Missed you too Dylan! How is France? How's Stacy? When are you two getting married? Why didnt you come with her? Wow you are so tall now!"

"Slow down Mikaster. I will answer all your questions soon. Let me hug my brother first. Haha! Hey Bro!"

"Hey Dylan! We all missed you." Said Daniel with a big smile.

"Lets go down for dinner guys. I am hungry. Plus got gift for you guys from France."

"Yehey!" D and I said together.

On the dinner table, all the eyss where focused on Dylan.

"So Daniel, how's school?" Asked Dylan.

"Its normal I guess. Haha."

"Are you two like a couple now?"

"What?" I chocked on my food.

"I said, are you two in a relationship?"

"No. No. No. We are just friends." I told Dylan  while waving my hand.

"Oh. Not yet?"

"No. We are just friends Dylan and it will always be like that. Right D?"

Daniel was busy eating, so he just nodded. Dylan had this weird look on his face. And I was freaking confused so I just ate. Daniel's parents looked at each other and just continued eating. There was silence

"Uhm. So, I came here to say that I am getting married and its going to be on December 20! And I want you all to come to France!"

Everyone around the table chocked on their food and started coughing with eyes wide open.

"No way Dylan! Really? Dream come true right D!" I was freaking out with excitement. My hand were o  Daniel's shoulders and I was shaking him.

"Yeah!! Wohooo! We are going to France M!" We started shaking each other until we got dizzy.

"Calm down kids. Haha. We will all prepare for this. Congratulations to you and Stacy." Said Mr Kitting and gave his son a hand shake and a hug.

After dinner I got tired and Daniel walked me out.

"That was a very loud dinner right Miks?"

"Yeah. I cant wait for France."

"Me too. Goodnight now Miks."

"Goodnight." I waved and entered my house.

I was half asleep on my bed when I hear Daniel's window open. And he was speaking in a loud whisper, "Seriously April, that I know that is not the reason."

"April stop making excuses, okay?"

"What are you saying? Urgh. Why are you doing this to me?!"

I got up from my bed when Daniel's voice woke me up. I opened my window and saw Daniel sitting on the roof talking on the phone.

"April! No! Urgh. Okay fine! Be like that! Bye!"

I stared at him. His eyes were filled with tears. What is happening? Then he looked at me. I got out the window and he went to my roof. And sat next to me. He placed his head on my lap and I felt the tears running down his face. I didnt speak. I just comforted him. I hugged him and he fell asleep with tears in his eyes...

*******

When a friend is in need of comfort, just being there means everything to them. No words of comfort needed. Sometimes you just need to listen and place yourself in that situation with them.

Author's Note: I am so sorry I took a long time to update. I am kinda stressed with school lately. And also with my health. I will try my best to update though. Thank you guys.

Comment and Vote.

Love, Anonymous