Chapter 22 (The Future - Part 2)

Niall's POV

Louis is right, Nim has been acting up a lot lately, and I have been letting her get away with a lot. Not anymore.

"Nim, we need to talk about this." I say to the naughty 16 year old.

"What is there to talk about? Louis took my phone, I have no way to contact my friends for a whole week, don't you think that is enough punishment??" Nim says very much with sass. 

"Little girl... You have been very disobedient, in fact I don't think you should get your phone back for a MONTH. You can finally spend some time on your homework, or maybe get out of the house more, go play football. Until I say so, you're grounded. No TV, no friends, no phone..." I say pointing at her.

She stomps and rolls her eyes at me.

"What?!? That's so unfair!! NIALL!!!" She yells at me.

I try to walk away from her to ignore her terrible behavior.

"NIALL!!!!" She screams and grabs my wrist.

I rip my wrist away from her hand, and look her dead in the eye grabbing her wrist. 

"Do not EVER grab me like that! Or your will be on the receiving end of Zayn's belt! Do I make myself clear?!" I raise my voice at the younger girl.

She thinks for a second.

"Yes..."

"Yes what?!"

"Yes sir." She replies and walks away up to her room. 

I'll check on her in a bit, hopefully she doesn't sneak out, but if she does, that will be the last straw.

Louis' POV

We got home and Hailey immediately ran into the kitchen to grab a snack.

"Hailey, choose something healthy please!" I told the young girl.

"Nah, I like cereal. But thanks dad for the suggestion." She grabs the cereal and starts to pour a bowl. 

I walk over to her and stop her.

"Not on my watch kiddo. Banana, apple, or some sort of fruit and that will be your snack, not some sugary cereal!"

"But Ben at school says his dad lets him eat whatever he wants!" She complains.

"Well I'm not Bens dad am I? I am your dad, and what I say goes!" I reply.

"NOT FAIR!!!" She crosses her arms and pouts. 

"Stop your pouting, or I'll give you something to pout about!" I raise my voice as I am putting away the cereal she got out.

She doesn't stop pouting.

"Do you need a time out again?" I ask the young girl.

"NO!!!" She yells in my face.

"Oh, you crossed the line little girl." I say grabbing her upper arm and leading her to the naughty step for the second time today.

"Next time you act up, you're gonna get a spanking, I think you are old enough to start getting them. Understood little girl?" I ask the young girl sitting on the step.

She nods her head and starts to cry. I walk away and go into the kitchen and get myself an apple. Once I finish eating it, the timer goes off for her time out. I start to head over there, and I notice the small girl is missing...

"HAILEY!!!" I yell.

I look all around and I don't see her anywhere. I go up to her room, and she's not up there. I look in the play room, she's not in there, then I look in the front yard, and I see her running down the driveway with no shoes on. I immediately run over to her, pick the crying mess girl up, and take her back to the house. She is screaming at the top of her lungs, she acts like I abuse her! Once we got back inside, I take her straight to her room, and sit her on the bed.