Chapter 11 (Maggie's Sick...)

Zayn's POV

"So we got the results back.." The doctor said to me.

"Okay so what's wrong with her?" I ask impatiently.

The doctor tells me to take a seat.

"Maggie has a rare form of Neuroblastoma... Stage 4 cancer. I'm sorry."

Everything around me jsut collapsed and Maggie came running into the room.

"Zaynnie!!!" And she jumped in my arms.

The doctor said we could leave when we would like and we left. I took her to get some ice cream, and I sat there just thinking. The doctor said he would give me a call in about an hour with some options. To tell you the truth, I am terrified. We went back home.

*RING RING*

"Hello?" I pick up the phone knowing it's the doctor.

"Hi Zayn, let's talk about some options. So the first treatment we should probably do is try to remove the tumor and two lymph nodes. She will then of course need lots of radiation and chemotherapy and possibly more surgeries. Another option is we could look at clinical trials, but clinical trials are very hard to get into and we only have... Never mind." The doctor stopped what he was saying.

"How much time do we have?" I ask.

"Right now, she will only has a month. We needed to get started immediately. So how about we do surgery this Thursday at 8 A.M.. No food 12 hours before, can only have small sips of water. This is a very risky procedure we have do, as it is very close to some major blood suppliers, so we will do everything in our power to make her out okay. Alright?" The doctor says.

"Yeah that day is perfect. Umm, how do I tell her..?" I ask tearing up a little.

"Sit her down, tell her you love her, then explain to her what's happening." The doctor explains.

I say my goodbyes to e doctor and then go talk to Maggie. I walk into her room to see her playing. She smiles at me and I shut the door behind me, to give the worst news ever to my baby sister.

Liam's POV.

Zayn just walked into the house, and his phone just rang, he answered it and ran away to talk on the phone, Maggie ran upstairs to her room, and were all just trying to figure out what's going on. After a few minutes we saw Zayn very upset walking up the stairs we assume to Maggie. Then we hear yelling and screaming about two minutes later. I ran upstairs with Louis close behind and into Maggie's room to see her throwing stuff everywhere and screaming.

"Maggie! You stop this instant!!" I shout at her.

She throws something at me and she becomes very angry. I fun get upset walk over to her and grab her upper arm. No child should disrespect like this. I drag her out of her room, downstairs and in the corner. Zayn follows quickly behind. We all walk back over to the kitchen and Louis asks...

"Zayn, what is going on?!" He asks nervously.

"Maggie has.... Has stage 4 neuroblastoma. Cancer....." He says.

We all immediately comfort him.

Zayn's POV

*3 days later*

"Maggie, get up sweetly we need to go to the hospital!" I say gently waking her up.

The little girl did not want to wake up, so I pick her up take her to the car in her pjs and buckle her in. We are on our way to the hospital for surgery today. I was driving and she was out like a light, tired as ever. We got to the hospital and I took her to her room. The surgeon came in and spoke to me telling me it is a very risky surgery and there may be complications. I get concerned but they still have to do the surgery. They took her into surgery just as everyone was showing up. The boys, Nim, Simon, and Paul. They were all there.