Chapter Twenty-Six: "I'm calling the police."

Start from the beginning

"I have two. One passed away." I answer, pulling into the drive thru for Chick-fil-A's

"How?"

"She just got sick."

"Sick like Leah? You know Leah got sick and killed herself? I made her sick." She says, causing my heart to drop to the ground. I look back at her and she looks unbothered, playing a game on her iPad. I frown, not knowing whether or not to speak on the topic.

"You didn't make her sick, having a baby is hard."

"So are you going to get sick? You're having two babies."

"No, I won't." I hope.

"She only had one baby. Me. She didn't like me so." She said, bluntly. She shrugs before saying oh well. "Well, I like you."

Obviously, I'm not too good at the 'motherly' stuff yet.

"I know. I like you too. That's why I want you to be my mom. Dad says he's working on that. I wish I was in your stomach."

"I wish some food was in my stomach. What do you want?" I say, nodding towards the large drive through menu. She looks out the window before asking for some fries and chicken nuggets. I give the lady our order before asking if she wanted a drink. She asks for lemonade, which I alert before saying my order.

Driving up to the window, I get my card out.

"Wait, are your parents making a lot of money? Daddy's parents are rich because Nana was a model and Pops is in the military. He's really high so he makes a lot of money. My Uncle Tony and Drew play sports and they get paid for that. Daddy said maybe one day I'll get paid to play sports like them but right now he'll pay me."

I ignored the question since she was just rambling. "What's your brother like?"

"He's really nice. He's just like me."

"Will I meet him?"

"Maybe. He's coming to visit me soon."

"Wait, really?" She perks up as I grab the food, thanking.. Barbara as she closes the window. When I turn my attention back to Maya, she's nearly bouncing out of her seat. "Am I going to get to see him?"

"Maybe." I pass Amaya her food and shortly, we are both at my apartment while finishing our food.
-
Maya lays on my bed, napping while I sit on the phone with my brother.

"Ill tell you when I come over there." He rebutts.

"Why can't you just tell me when the wedding is?" I whine. I asked him thirty minutes ago when the wedding was and all he had responded with was 'I'll tell you when I see you'.

"The wedding is March 30th. We ask that you be their the 14th because we know that you like to arrive late, plus you need to get sized for your dress since you're... pregnant." Quincy whispers the last word.

"It's not a disease."

"Have you told Mom or Dad yet? Or even better, Jamal?" He retorts. I could almost imagine his expression now. His eyes were probably in the back of his head while his lips demonstrated a straight line.

"I'm going to!"

"You're not going to have a choice but to! You're going to have to see them at the wedding.. Two weeks before the wedding!" As he finished the sentence, he pulled the phone away from his mouth and was talking to someone else.

From the tone, I already knew who it was.

"Yeah, this is Sophia." I could practically feel him smirking.