36. Heartbreak

Another chapter? Heck yes!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Happy reading!!

--

Mariana's bachelorette party had been a success. I was happy that she was happy, but my mind couldn't help but go back to Dylan and I. I wanted to be happy too, but in the end, it wasn't going to be with Dylan. Although it hurt, he would get what he wanted in the long run, and that was enough for me.

Sadly, I had to sip orange juice all night of the party, no liquor in sight due to her pregnancy.

Mariana was getting big now. She was in her second trimester. We kept teasing her about her big belly containing more than one baby. She simply held her nose high, adamant on the fact her doctor confirmed only one child.

I sighed, finally slouching down on the sofa after cleaning up the mess the party had caused in the basement. While us girls got the house, James was dragged to a bar by my brothers.

The wedding was only two days away, and then after... it was the cottage. I didn't feel like going, but I didn't want to cancel either. Hunter had seemed very excited and I couldn't bring myself to be the reason he wouldn't experience the 'cottage lifestyle'.

It also didn't feel right going, especially since Shane was going through his chemo. When I brought it up, he didn't give me a chance to even finish the sentence before he told me I should go and not halt my life because of him. He denied my invitation to come too.

So in the end, I was forced to go.

I sucked in a breath. I didn't know how I would sleep for the two nights. Perhaps I could invite Amber. Not only because of my sleeping arrangement, but I had mentioned the cottage several times to her, and I promised her I would take her next time I would go. Besides, it would be awkward... to say the least with Dylan around the cottage. I needed someone there to take my mind off the gorgeous blue eyed being in the same breathing space as me.

My eyes wandered across the living room where Dylan's piece now lay. I had finished it and it was now waiting to be delivered to his house, as well as his other small gift. Well, his apartment now. However, I didn't know his address. I just hoped Yara or Tristan would hand off the art to Dylan when I stopped by their house later today.

I didn't want to go to drop it off. However, mama made it clear that if it were to remain in the living room for one more night, she would personally take it out to the curb for the garbage truck to pick it up. I knew she wouldn't do that, but at the same time I didn't doubt her, especially when her inner Latina came out.

I forced myself to get on my feet and deliver his gifts. It would only make it worse the more I wait, I told myself as I grabbed the medium sized canvas, his other small gift, his bag of neatly folded clothes, and my car keys.

I was greeted by Yara, an apron tied around her waist when I reached her house. "Amelia, what can I do for you?" Her eyes followed the canvas in my hand to the small box to the bag of clothes that belonged to her eldest son.

"I-I wanted to drop these off for Dylan. His clothes, and belated birthday presents," I gulped, peering into her rich brown eyes.

"I can't help you with that." Her eyes danced with amusement when my face portrayed confusion. "You'll have to go to him. I'm sure he would like to receive these in person." Your son wants nothing to do with me. I didn't get a chance to reply to her. "I'll text you the address of his apartment," and with that she shut the door.