14. Babysitting

Babysitting

Pets. Animals. The pets are considered family. They bring happiness, joy and can even relieve stress. While on the other hand, most consider animals to be food source. Chickens, cows, pigs, and even goats fall under that category. I'm just thankful that Ollie does not that fall under the latter.

I loved Ollie to bits, and I'm sure he did love me the same. Though, Enzo would argue and say Ollie loved him more. However, there was something I've noticed with Ollie. Lately, he hadn't been acting like his normal self. He's been like that ever since I came home from the park with Dylan and Lillian. I wasn't sure if a bug bit him, or if he was sick, but he just wasn't himself anymore.

I was really glad I booked an appointment with the vet, which was later today. The sad part was that Ollie despised the doctor's. And by that, I meant that I have to keep him in a cage, or he would start acting up. That's the only thing I dreaded when we payed a visit to the vets.

"Hai mangiato?" I turned around to find mama scooping up pasta into her bowl.

"No, I didn't eat yet. I'm still full from breakfast," I admitted. "I'll probably grab something after the vets," I shrugged.

She shook her head, disapproving. "And what about the food I made?" I playfully groaned.

"You know Shane will eat all of it," I snickered.

"Excuse me? Was I the one who devoured the entire lasagna tray?"

I turned to the person who entered the kitchen. "You of all people should know that I would eat two horses and not give a single fu- damn." I corrected when mama gave the look.

Yeah, the look she gives when it means either shut up, or I'm going to throw the nearest object at your head.

Shane scoffed, knowing I was right.

"Don't forget you have your final dress fitting next week." This time I groaned. "And did you figure out what your doing for the bachelorette party?" I groaned again, throwing my head back, causing Shane to snicker. "Mariana will be upset if you don't have anything planned," she warned.

"I know," I sighed, sitting down, stealing a green bell pepper from the pasta. "I have a few things planned, besides I still have a couple more weeks." I pointed out. Even if I had months to plan everything, I would still leave it until last minute. Shane snorted, as if reading my thoughts.

"Where's Ollie?" Shane asked, snickering. He liked to opt out of the appointments, leaving me to go alone with the devil.

"That is a great question," I turn around looking around for him.

"He's probably hiding," he laughed, picking at the garlic bread in mama's plate. She slapped his hand away.

I sighed and started to look for the little puppy. Finally, I found him in the twins' room, snuggled under the blankets as if it would have been hard for me to find him. I set a treat on the palm of my hand, and in less than two seconds, Ollie had jumped out, devouring it.

"Come on, let's go on a walk," I offered, ruffling his fur.

I laughed as Ollie ran out, and I jogged behind him, his leash not allowing to get him far.

We turned the corner, and it was not a coincidence as we were headed onto Dylan's street. What surprised me as I approached his house was finding Lillian, protesting against her brother who was pulling her into the car.

Ollie began to jerk against the leash, desperate to get out, barking, which gained the attention of the two. While Dylan looked over, Lillian escaped from his hold, running over. I let go of Ollie, setting him free, allowing the two rejoice.