03. Three Chocolate Cupcakes

Three Chocolate Cupcakes

"Why are we at the community center?" We pulled up into the local YMCA a minute ago and now we were walking towards the front desk. Dylan greeted with a smile to the receptionist and they replied the gesture, allowing us to pass through.

"Are we going to do something here? Play a game of pickup basketball or something? Because I can not play basketball, so you're out of luck." I rambled on as we turned the corridor, away from the basketball court which answered my question.

"You do ask a lot of questions," he chuckled. "If I had known better, I wouldn't have offered to give you ride home."

"Rude." I laughed. "And, I'm not home right now, am I? Thus, I have questions." I cringed.

Did I really just say thus?

He chuckled, opening the door for the next hallway for me, and as I passed out of nowhere, a little toddler crashed into my legs which almost made me fall had it not been for Dylan who steadied my wobbling legs. I recognized the little girl who was hanging on to my dear legs as Lillian.

"Hello." I grinned, lowering down to her level giving her a proper hug. Her damp head snuggled into the crevice of my neck made me shudder.

"Hi."

"Why did I not get a hug yet?" Dylan asked from behind me. Boy, I would give a hug right now. Unfortunately, I knew he wasn't talking to me, so I stood up, waiting for Lillian to let go of my legs—which she still clung on to—to hug her brother. "Hmph. I even brought the cupcakes you asked for," he paused turning his head to the left, refusing to look at Lillian. "But I guess I'll just eat it myself," he said as he slowly opened the container.

"No!" Lillian screeched, untangling from my legs and immediately latching onto his. "You're my favorite brother!"

"You like me better than Asher?" I'm guessing he was referring to their other sibling. I could see Lillian hesitate a little, and I wasn't the only one who noticed that. "You like him better don't you!?"

"No! I love you Dill Pickle." I laughed as Dylan grimaced.

"Well, I guess you get your cupcake then," he said giving her the container which held the three chocolate cupcakes, then he scooped up her swimming bag from her.

"Dill Pickle?" I snorted, as we followed Lillian out.

"Let's not ever talk about that again, shall we?"

"Whatever you say, Dill Pickle," I replied in a teasing tone.

He groaned. "You're not going to ever let this go, are you?" I giggled, correcting his assumptions.

"Dylan!" Lillian yelled once we walked outside. "Can we please go to the playground?" She continued to yell even if we were only less than a meter away from her.

"Pollito," he said as we walked towards her. "Please stop yelling, you know what that does to your voice," she looked down at her feet and nodded.

Dylan peered over to me as if he was asking if it was okay if we went to the playground. I nodded with a smile.

"We can go to the playground, only if--"

"You're the best Dylan!"  She yelled, shoving the cupcake container into Dylan's arms then turning around to continue her path to the park.

"--you stop yelling." He muttered.

I laughed, "she's a kid with some pretty s-strong lungs, damn."

"She sure does, and I don't appreciate that when she decides to wake me up in the mornings."