24. Soybean Burgers

Don't forget to vote and comment on your favourite part of the chapter!!

Soybean Burgers 

Amy squealed. Loudly. This is what happens when you break any good news to her. This time, it was about Dylan and I. "I'm so happy for you, Amelia! Gah, I wish I was there to hug you."

"I'm glad you're not," I snorted. "Knowing you, you'd strangle me alive."

"How did you—when did you?" I was as clueless as she was.

"Honestly, I don't know. I just blurted it out, and I'm glad I did, even if I was scared to say it at first." I admitted, falling back on my bed, phone in hand. "When did you know t-that Tyler was... the one?" I asked after a silent moment. She was probably processing it just like I still was.

The grin on her face grew. "He made me see the world differently, you know?" She said with a dreamy look. "And after the assault, he was there for me." Amy and I met each other at a group therapy session for the sexually abused. Her uncle had sexually assaulted her as a child and then into her teen years. "And after that, I could never imagine myself with anyone else but him," she smiled. "Why?"

"I-I don't know. I really, really, really like him, I—I love him," I finished, putting my thoughts into words.

"Tyler, he makes me a better person, we share the same values, and even through everything, I am comfortable being myself around him without having to worry about being judged," she said, playing with her hair. "Don't think about too much," she ordered. "I'm glad you told him about everything."

"Me too," I replied quietly. "At least now he understands why I'm so hesitant even when I don't want to be. I-I just... even during the kiss, the back of my mind wandered back to him, when all I wanted was to focus on Dylan," I said heavily.

"Oh honey," she muttered.

"Was it the same for you?" I wondered out loud for the first time ever. I knew she and Tyler were very, very active, but I never truly didn't think about how she felt, and a part of that was because I didn't ever want to think about my childhood friend and best friend have sex.

"It was hard at first," she admitted. "I couldn't go through with it most times, and he understood. It just took time, and I'm glad I gave myself time instead of forcing myself to have sex with him to please him. He was sweet and kind and—"

"Oh okay!" I interrupted her rambling, knowing if I didn't stop, she would be going on forever.

"And I am so happy for you," she gushed. "Dylan, he's one of the sweet ones, if I didn't have Tyler, he'd probably be next, or maybe one of your brothers. I really don't know. Or Hunter," she pondered. "They really all good looking, I would jump any of their bones," she confessed. That caused my eyes to widen.

"Well, shit, Amy. Relax there." She laughed, shrugging.

"My bad. Anyways, I can't wait to interrog—I mean properly meet him when I come back." I narrowed my eyes at her. "Well, anyways, I have to go," she quickly spoke, ending the call right away. I chuckled, shaking my head, sitting up on the front porch chair.

Dylan had told me we would go out for lunch today, and after much thought from both Amy and I, she had decided that I should just wear something casual. Besides, he didn't mention anything about a date. In the end, Amy managed to convince me to wear high waisted skinny jeans and a striped t-shirt. Simple but casual.

Right on cue, Dylan's car steered into my driveway. Thankfully, none of my brothers were home. It was nice that they actually had lives. He hopped out the car, and he met my confused expression. "I thought I was coming to your house?"