20. Friends

Friends

As much as I hated it, it gave me a sense of relief when Dylan promised to be friends. I was finally put into a breathing space. The bubble he wanted to pop was left alone, and I couldn't feel more at peace.

I heard the chime of the cafe's door, and I couldn't even stop the smile from forming on my face, even if I wanted to.

"Hey."

"Hi," I grinned.

"Hello!"

"Hi gorgeous," I greeted Lillian who eagerly jumped up and down. I went around the counter and she pounced on my legs, hugging me tightly.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too Lillian. And so does Ollie." I finally realized what was wrong with Ollie. He liked Lillian, and when she wasn't around, he was essentially depressed. He didn't like to eat or even go out for a walk or to the park. Poor Ollie, he loved Lillian too much. I guess Lillian's bubbly personality reminded him of his previous owner.

"He does?! Dylan, we have to see him!" Her brother chuckled, nodding.

"We will, my love. Lia said Ollie can come with us when we go to Hunter's." She looked at me for confirmation. I nodded. Not only has Lillian fallen in love with Ollie but so had Hunter when he met Ollie for a brief second at Dylan's.

I handed Lillian a chocolate cupcake, and she eagerly took it, sitting at a table.

"You ready to go?" He asked, pulling out his wallet. I slapped his hand.

"Leave it. And yes, I am ready. Let me go get my bag."

I hopped back to the counter, grabbing my jacket and bag. I gave a quick goodbye to Nick, before meeting Dylan in the front. I caught him slipping couple of dollars into the tip jar. I shook my head with amusement when he looked up at me, a sheepish smile forming on his face.

After we had picked up Ollie, we headed to Hunter's house. I tried to keep my gawking at bay during the car ride to Hunter's, because friends don't ogle each other. Instead, I focused on giving directions to Hunter's house since he just moved.

"Turn left at the intersection." He purposely made a right. "Dylan!"

"I thought you meant your left," he replied goofily, trying to stop his laughter.

"It's the same thing!" I exasperated. He simply laughed, his pearly whites gleaming.

"Let Melia drive the car, you're taking too long!" Lillian grumbled from the back seat chewing on her chicken nuggets. She demanded to make a pit stop to McDonalds and made sure to get some for Hunter's little sister as well. Now that is what you call friendship goals. Ollie barked, wanting to be part of the conversation as well.

"I'm just messing around," he chuckled, making a U-turn.

"Yes! I want to see Mia! Hurry up!"

"Yeah Dylan! Hurry up!" I encouraged, encouraging Lillian to continue bothering her brother.

Finally, we reached Hunter's new home. Lillian ran as fast as her little legs could carry her to the front door, hauling the three happy meals in her arms. A grinning Hunter was revealed, peering at the little girl.

"You bought me a happy meal! You shouldn't have!"

"That's because I didn't. One is for Mia and two are for me!" She scoffed, slipping into the house in search of her friend, Ollie trailing in behind her.