18. Company

It's been a while, and I'm so sorry!! School has been kicking my butt, and it's only been three weeks in. Anyways, enjoy, and don't forget to comment on your favourite part and vote!!

Company

Amber greeted me at the door with a box of donuts and a gigantic grin. "Benvenuto in casa mia." I opened the door wider, letting her in.

"You know I only took one class of Italian in high school. Literally one class, I dropped out before the next day," she laughed.

"I said, welcome to my home, quitter."

"Hush now, where do I set my stuff?" She asked, flinging her bag around.

I lead her down to my room, showing her where to put her things down. She looked around my room in awe, being the first time, she's ever seen it.

"Oh my God, your bed, it's huge."

"Yeah, it is," I agreed, not going into detail.

"Where is everyone?" We made our way to the kitchen after we had changed into our pajamas. Obliviously, my pajamas consisted of shorts and a large mismatched t-shirt, while Amber had a pair of cute shorts and a matching thin long sleeved shirt.

"Shane's out with his friend, Tyler, and the two twins are probably out with their friends," I sighed. "My parents went out on for a date night, so that just leaves me and this house full of amazing food," I spread my arms out.

"Well, I am here too."

"True," I nodded with a laugh.

"What do you want to eat for dinner? I can get my brothers to get us something," I said with a smirk.

"Chinese?"

"Okay," I nodded, pulling my phone out. "I'll get Shane to get that. In the meantime, we can eat ice cream," I grinned.

"Isn't that backwards?" This time I hushed her.

"Nope. And also, once they're home, trust me, it's going to be like a zoo, we won't be able to talk properly." She laughed, helping me with the ice cream.

Once we got comfortable on the living room sofas, she began talking.

"I went to his house later that night." I wiggled my eyebrows. "No, not like that you perv. We talked. I told him to go, and he refused. He said he wouldn't go unless I went with him. I told him firmly that I wouldn't be able to drop everything and join him the next month. I still have a year of med school left." I nodded, urging her to go on. "Then we got into a huge fight. I-I don't even know what we fought about, but all I remember was yelling."

"What happened next?"

"I think we might break up."

"Because he's moving?" I asked, setting my spoon down, waiting for her to reply.

She shook her head. "There's been a lot of... tension for the last couple of weeks. The date we had before the last one didn't end too well. We've just been fighting a lot recently."

"What about Alberta? Have you decided?"

She let out a low laugh. "I'm positive he only wants for me to go with him because he believes it'll be a new beginning, but it'll be the same. If we don't along here, we still won't get along in Alberta. Our relationship will be in the same stage, just in a different location."

"I do get where you're coming from," I nodded.

"I just don't want to pick up everything and leave my whole life behind, especially for a boy, you know? I just need time to think this through," she sighed. "Now, enough about me," she clapped, her mood completely shifting. "Tell me about you and Dylan."