33. A Decision

Hello babes!! Sorry, it's been a while, but finallyy, I finished all my exams!! Since the second semester just started, I will have time for more uploads, so stay tuned!

33. A Decision

"Go away," I shouted, turning away from the door and snuggling farther into my pillow. I sniffled, rubbing my nose. It had only been four days since the breakup, but it felt like years.

I had been cooped up in my room for days; I didn't want to leave it.

Dylan's note had said to meet him at the lookout point he took me the night after work to watch the sunrise. I wanted to go, so badly. To apologize, and if he wanted, I would have taken him back in a heartbeat. Instead, I stayed home. I forced myself to. I couldn't be the reason he couldn't have what he wanted most.

The day hadn't even begun yet and my brothers were already trying to get me out of my bed. According to me though, it was only quarter to noon, so the morning hadn't begun yet. Apparently, it was a beautiful day outside and I just had to see it. Although the absence of the annoying chirping that belonged to the birds was telling me otherwise.

Shane was probably still sleeping in his own bed, the treatments really taking its toll on him. I had slept in the twins' room but snuck out earlier in the morning to my room.

Enzo had already tried to get me out of bed, but obviously, he failed. Mama and papa tried to lure me out with the promise of food. I couldn't even think about food without wanting to throw it up. Later on, mama brought a vase filled with water and tired to fit the flowers in them. Eventually, she realised she needed more than one, so she came back with two more vases. They were perched on my dresser. I couldn't look at them without crying.

I didn't hear an answer and the door to my room opened. "I'm not taking no for an answer." I let out a sigh at the sound of Julian's voice, however I remained silent otherwise. "I'm not going to try to get you out of bed," he murmured. I felt the bed behind me dip as he sat on it. "I was there were you were, several weeks back," he reminded softly. "And I'm not going to lie, it still hurts."

I rubbed my eyes, trying to get rid of the tears. Eventually I turned around to face him. I didn't miss the reflection in the mirror on the wall across from the bed. My hair looked like someone mess. My face was blotchy all over with red, the redness sticking out the most in my eyes, puffy all over.

"How did you deal with it?" I barley heard what I said, so I don't know how he heard it.

"I drank," he chuckled humourlessly. "I tried to forget about her. And although it worked in that moment, it came back to bite me in the ass the next morning."

"So then?" I moved my hair out of my face, my fingers getting tangled in the strands. I frowned, tying it up, not wanting to deal with the mess.

He let out a deep breath. "I wallowed in self-pity, which is what you're doing right now." I chose to ignore that. "Enzo dragged me out of the house and kept me busy. He took me to watch and observe from the trails with the firm he was interning at. He took me the boxing ring to let my anger out. He took me to various restaurants the eat me feelings. He kept me busy."

"Well I don't feel like getting out of bed anytime soon," I grumbled, pulling the blanket up higher.

"I know," he replied, shoving a bowl of fruit and vanilla ice cream in front of me. "You didn't eat anything yet, so here's some fruit. And you're upset, so here's some ice cream," he shrugged, digging into his bowl. "I also brought my laptop. Now what movie?"