26. Birthday Gift

A double update?! Heck yes.

Birthday Gift

I fluffed up my hair, tying to make it as best as I could. My hair was styled in waves, and my outfit consisted of an off-white skirt and a cute orange patterned top. As Lillian requested, her party was princess themed and after we had watched Moana and The Princess and the Frog, she ordered I dress up like Moana. I assumed she was going to dress up as Tiana. I slipped on beaded bracelets and finally a blue pendant necklace that I dug up from my mom's jewelry box. Just for the heck of it, I grabbed my old stuffed chicken from the back of my closet which was filled with other farm animals. Yeah, as a kid, I was animal obsessed.

All I had to do was grab Lillian's present, and I was good to go. I peeped out my bedroom window and couldn't help but laugh as Lillian rushed around the backyard, placing everything so precisely. The kid wasn't even dressed yet. In fact, she looked half dressed as she ran around in a tank top and white tights.

I headed down the stairs, hauling her present down with me. "Don't forget this!" Mama called from the kitchen. She ran out, carrying out my tray of Tiana themed sugar cookies I made last night.

"Grazie mama," I grinned, taking the tray and grabbing the car keys.

"Divertiti, tesoro," she called as I left the house. I hopped into my mom's car, eagerly driving to Dylan's house. I couldn't wait to see him again. But then again, I was also nervous.

I shook my nerves out, knocking on the front door. Tristan greeted me with a smile, immediately lending me a hand. "Are you sure about this?" He asked, gesturing to her present.

"I am," I nodded with a smile. I knew Lillian would love it as much, if not more than me. "Should I put it in the laundry room?"

"She never goes there," he chuckled. I laughed, going to put her present away. Hopefully, she wouldn't hear her present.

I stepped into the kitchen where I found Yara paltering and Charlie was right beside her, helping. They both looked up, immediately noticing my presence.

"Let me guess, Iridessa?" I asked Charlie, putting it together when I noticed her wings on the kitchen table. "And you are... Jasmine!" I squealed, loving Yara's blue outfit. My Disney knowledge from my childhood certainly stuck.

"And let me guess, Moana?" I nodded with a grin. I gave her a little pose.

"Your daughter wouldn't have it any other way," I chuckled, bending down to coo at Asher who was jumping around in his bouncer. He was absolutely adorable, I wanted to squish his cheeks. He gave me a giggle as I pinched them lightly.

"Speaking of, where is she? Last I saw her was when I told Dylan to help dress her," she replied, looking into the backyard through the kitchen window.

"I'll go look for her," I offered. "Let me know if there's anything else I can help with."

"You're too sweet," Yara smiled. "We're almost down here," she replied, shooing me away.

I trotted up the stairs after I peered into the backyard and noticed she wasn't in there. I followed the noises which led me to Lillian's room. Dylan was there too, but his back was turned towards me as he tried to comb out his sister's hair. He was practically bursting out of his shirt every time he moved his arms. Holy hell.

"Ow! It hurts!" She whined. "I'm going to mom."

"I told you that mom said she'll do your hair. You're the one who demanded that I make it," he pointed out chuckling, gently running the comb through her hair. She squealed in pain again, getting up. She went to scold him, but her eyes found me.