Chapter Twenty-Four: "Vodka."

Depuis le début

"So Which deals were left?"

"Nothing really, we are trying to get a meeting with the Matthew's. Besides that, everything is running smoothly. We need to go check on the secondary building sometime this week though." Chance said and something about that sounded familiar. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Then why am i here?"

"I told you that you could work from home. You're the one who came in." Chance reminded me as I roll my eyes. "You want to take lunch?"

"Depends. Do I get to see Sophia?"

"No, asshole."

"I'm fine here then," Chance says, but gets up nonetheless. He closes his laptop before slipping it into his case. I do the same with mine, grabbing the charger since I know I won't be coming back today.

"I'm going to drop off Maya's food to her daycare first."

-

After what was supposed to be dropping off Maya's food which ultimately turned into picking her up, Chance, Maya, and I went to Sophia's apartment. That's where she was for the day, cleaning out her spare bedroom.

She invited us in and I set her food on the coffee table.

"Hey. I've been cleaning all day."

"You should stop, you don't wanna stress the babies."

"Sophia! Guess what daddy did today!" Maya exclaims, running towards Sophia. She clutched Sophia's legs as Chance took a seat. I groaned as I kissed Sophia's cheek. She smiles at me as Chance immaturely gags.

"What did he do?"

"He forgot to pack my lunch!"

"What?" Sophia acts surprised while shooting me a fake glared. Maya nods harshly before shaking her head. "This is why you should pack my lunches." She says, pulling apart.

"Can I have a water bottle, please?I drunk all of my lemonade." Maya asks. Sophia nods, pointing at a opened package of water bottles. Only one water bottle was missing.

"How was everybody's day?" Sophia asks as she grabbed her food. She takes a seat on the love seat that sat next to the couch.

"Besides Alex forgetting his daughters lunch and him redoing paperwork that was done two weeks ago, it was alright. You?"

"It was fine. Crissy came over earlier and apologized. She bought me a ton of snacks and water." She mumbles, taking a bite of the sandwich.

"Something seems sketchy about that." Chance says as the same time as I say, "I don't trust her."

"I guess. She didn't stay for long. She just took one of the waters and le-"

"Sophia!" Maya screams at the top of her lungs, "Why is the water so spicy?" She cries. Immediately I spring up, seeing her begin to panic.

"What do you mean?" Sophia stands up, as well as Chance. I hold Maya while grabbing the water bottle. She took a large gulp of it. Chance passes me his drink, to cool her off as he inspects the water bottle. Chance himself takes a swing of it before spitting it out.

"What the fuck?" Chance roars, almost frightening me. His voice got ten times deeper and he looked like he was going to spit the water out.

"Did you have one of these?" He asks Sophia, she shakes her head no, quickly. I see her disappear and she returns not even a minute later with the ice tray.

"What is it?" I ask, seeing him close the bottle and going to grab another bottle. He opens it and takes a swing as Sophia gives Maya a ice cube to suck on.