Chapter Fifteen

*3 months later*

Rae's Point of View

"RAE!" I jumped up and ran out of the room into the living room. There sat Nick lying on the couch eating Doritos. "Y-y-yeah?" I answered. He threw his wallet at me in the knee and said, "Go food shopping. If you don't come back in an hour i'm gonna be angry." "O-o-okay..." I mumbled running into my room. I got into a hoodie that was Vic's. Wow, Vic... Flashbacks ran through my head as I remembered him. 3 months without him. My head started to hurt when I looked in the mirror. I had a bruise on my cheek and a scratch by my eye. I looked abused.

Anyways, I slipped on shorts showing my bruised legs but, it was summer time. It was already a week and a half into August. Warped Tour had just ended, too. I had forgotten that Pierce The Veil went on tour with them. Hm, wondered how they all were though. These past months I've gotten texts and calls, I knew it was them but I couldn't answer, or Nick would kill me. Literally.

I walked out and slipped my phone into my hoodie pocket, and slipped on my toms. "I'll give you 2 hours instead. Come back or you're dead meat." He said, as I walked away. I stepped outside, it wasn't too hot out, it was going to rain. The sky was a dark grey and it was only 9 in the morning. It was Wednesday. 

I ran across the street to the food store. And that's when I saw it. That was Jaime's car... Which meant... One of them were here. I didn't seem to know if that was a good thing or not. Before stepping in I gulped and prayed I wouldn't see them. I walked in and felt eyes on me. "Mommy, that girl looks like she got beat up!" I was 19. Damnit. I looked at the little girl as her crystal eyes roamed my bruises. "I'm okay." I told her and kept walking. I got all the crap Nick liked. Cereal, apples, milk, soda, etc. Whatever.

"Tony can we pleaseeee get the frozen pizza for dinner tonight?" I heard a familiar voice. I shut the freezer and looked over. Jaime and Tony. "No, that has meat on it! You know I'm a vegan." "Well then we gotta chose something!" "Get someone to chose for us!" Tony sighed and started walking over to me. I kept my face down as he touched my shoulder. "Excuse me, can you pick a pizza-" He stopped when I looked at him. "No way..." He mumbled. 

"I-I-I can't talk to you..." I told him, motioning away. "Tony!" Jaime called running over. "Oh shit! Rae! Rae it's you..." He looked at my legs and back up at my face. "Can you at least tell us where you've been? And why you haven't been answering?" Tony looked at me. He looked so concerned. I checked my phone. I had an hour left. "I'm living with someone... But you can't know who. Ask Cara or someone. I miss you guys and I'm sorry...

"But if I talk to you after this then he's gonna kill me." I turned around and felt a hand on my shoulder turn me back around. "Who!" Tony looked angry now. "Rae! We want you back. 3 months of searching for you and we finally find you and-" "Tony, I can't! He's gonna kill me! I can't! I'm sorry..." I cried to him. He frowned and looked at Jaime. "Can we at least help you leave or something?" He pleaded. "You don't know how bad I want to... But I'll get to your house sometime. I promise." I stuck my pinky out to him. He looked at it and back at me.

"You mean your house." I looked up and half smiled. "Sure." Then he pinky swore, and I hugged them both. "I'll tell you about it later." And then I walked away. They looked the same, as 3 months ago. Pretty much. Except it looks like Tony barely sleeps. And Jaime didn't really speak up. I ran back home with the groceries knowing I messed up on the time. I ran inside and dropped the bags. "I can explain..." I told him. He stood there in front of me. "No explaination. You know what happens when you do this." No. Not this time. I looked over my shoulder a little and noticed the door was still open. 

I looked up to Nick and punched him right in the face, and ran. Literally ran for my life, downtown San Diego. I dodged through the traffic. Horns honked at me and I turned around and saw Nick chasing after me. Shit. Tears were already streaming down my face when I heard a shot go off. That's when I stopped in the middle of the street and saw Vic in the car. I was still angry with him but I ran over to the car and banged on it. 

"VIC! LET ME IN!" It took him a minute to recognize me when I heard, "You're not getting away!" Nick screamed. I opened the door and told Vic, "Drive! Drive! Drive!" And he did. He didn't say anything, he just started to drive, until he ended up almost crashing right into another car from driving so quickly. "Oh shit!" He swerved and stopped. And then behind us was a big crash. And I felt like crying even more. I felt his arm snake around me and said, "Shh, it's okay... Please don't cry..." 

We got out to make sure everyone was fine, the paramedic made sure we were too. "Where's all the bruises from?" The paramedic asked me. Vic looked at me as I replied, "I got into a really bad fight with my sister." I lied. Vic gave me a weird look as the paramedic asked, "And it ended up with these bruises? Did you even fight?" "I hit her today..." I turned around and saw Nick walking over. "V-v-v-vic can we go now..." The paramedic walked away. "Sure, let's go." And that's when I felt a grab on my arm, as we both turned around.