Chapter Three

Rae's Point of View

Two weeks have passed. I still haven't made up with Vic and he hasn't apologized. Only Tony and Jaime knew about my arms. I didn't want Mike to know and make Vic feel guilty. Today when I sat down at lunch, I was quiet and I felt so tired. Vic wasn't in school today, but I questioned, "Where's the asshole?" I asked Mike. He rolled his eyes and replied, "Home. He's sick." He put air quotes around sick. I nodded. Tony came over and sat down, handing me a granola bar. "Eat this." I shook my head and told him, "No thanks." His shoulders relaxed as he looked at me. "Please?" I opened it, took a bite. "There." I swallowed it. It felt weird eating something. I barely ate. All I ate pretty much was yogurt. But granola bars, I haven't eaten since I lived in New York. 

"Thanks." Jaime sat down and joined us. "The years almost over, everyone excited?! We'll be seniors next year!" He cheered. I rolled my eyes. Even though my senior year would be easy, considering I took all my classes. Which means, I could take off whenever. Which was okay. The bell rang and I got to English with Tony. There was a sub so we decided to leave early. Tony and I hung out on my porch and thought of things to do in the summer. "Well, my friend Kellin and his friends can chill with us. And our buddy Austin." They were also forming a band, yaknow, the boys, Mike, Vic, Jaime and Tony. I agreed writing these ideas down. That's when my phone began to ring. I got up and answered it. "Hello?" 

"Hey it's Mike. Where are you and Tony?" "We skipped English and are hanging out on my porch. Why?" "Just wondering, Jaime and I are coming, adios." I smiled and hung up. I walked back over and sat down. "Well back to this list..." Tony said. I looked across the street and saw Vic on his porch. "Why is he looking over here?" I asked Tony, as he looked up. Vic turned down to a notebook and told me, "He's being weird. I'm gonna go and talk to him." He got up and walked down the steps and over to his house. I didn't bother to watch them talk as I saw Jaime and Mike pull up. 

Vic's Point of View

"Dude, can you just apologize to her, or something. Be friends? She's depressed over you, dude." Depressed? Not just sad, but depressed? "Oh." I mumbled. "Yeah. I think you should feel bad. She's not like the other girls in school." I looked up at Tony. "I don't know why I did this to her. I mean I like her. She's gorgeous and sweet and-" "You're an asshole. Is that why you kept looking over?" I nodded. "Yeah. Exactly why." Tony didn't say anything. He just walked off. "Alright, cool Tony!" That's when I saw him take Rae and push her over here. I sighed walking inside, and I heard him follow. "Tony! What are you doing! You are hurting my wrist! Ooooow!" She screeched. Oh, she was just so pretty when she yelled.

She got pushed and tried running away, and Tony stopped her. "You two. Talk. Now. You will both be friends by the end of this." She looked like she was gonna cry, and I felt bad. "Tony, please, don't leave me." She got on her knees and Tony was pratically dragging her. "Become friends!" He let go of her and she watched as he slammed the door. I looked down and thought for a minute. She was curled up next to the door wrapping her arms around her tiny legs, and she mumbled to me, "What did I do?" 

Her eyes looked swollen and her face was pale. I replied, "Nothing." Her eyebrows scrunched up as she looked at me. "Really?" I nodded. "I-I-I don't know why I did that-" "Mike told me about your ex. Is that why? Because I'm not like other girls." She was getting up when i saw her arms. And my heart skipped a beat. "Y-y-y-y-your arms..." I gasped. She looked shocked and grabbed them and folded them tightly against her stomach. "It's n-n-nothing..." She told me. Now I couldn't stop staring. "You're beautiful." I whispered. 

"No." She firmly said. Girls do that a lot to hear it again, but she wasn't laughing and I didn't think she believed it. She wasn't an attention-seeker, she just wanted someone there to help. She wanted a friend, she wanted love. That's all. And I came at her like that. I hated her for being perfect. "You don't want someone like me..." She told me. I shook my head. "No, I don't want someone like you. I want you in general." Her cheeks blushed but she didn't smile. "No you don't. I'm a terrible wreck. Remember? I'm a slut." 

"I was wrong." I told her. She shook her head and turned around. "I'm worthless and i'm horrible to you. You don't like me. I'm one hundred percent you will never love someone like me."